Image From October
Pretty much all that is needed to know about October = my birthday + Gayle Forman + book club = awesome
October In One Word
5 Things That Happened In October:
1. I turned 28! And Gayle Forman came to town for a signing. And brought me a cake.
2. My younger sister found her wedding dress!! IT LOOKS AMAZING ON HER AND I KIND OF WISH IT HAD BEEN MINE.
3. My car broke. Taking it today (the 31st) to the mechanic to see what is wrong. LET’S HOPE IT ISN’T SERIOUS AND IS JUST THE BATTERY.
4. I went to a Harry Potter festival that was local to me. Like literally right across the street. It was small but fun — def a good family event. I wouldn’t say it’s worth traveling for but if you are local it’s a nice day! There was a quidditch tournament!
5. I went to visit my dad, stepmom and sister (who was home on Fall break!) for my birthday weekend and it was exactly what I needed!
6 Songs That Were Most Popular On My Ipod This Month:
I put all my Monthly Rewinds In a Spotify playlist so you can listen to them here now ! I also have an October 2013 playlist filled with other AWESOME songs that wouldn’t fit on here. I have a VERY eclectic taste in music so you are bound to find something!
1. Let Her Go — Passenger: OBSESSED with Passenger. I had added this song to a Youtube playlist last year because I randomly found it and then I forgot about it until last month and it’s been on NON-stop. Was really excited to hear a guy on The Voice this season cover it!!
2. Waiting Game — Banks
3. Agape — Bear’s Den
4. I Will Rise — Cattle & Cane
5. Mister, Mister — Bronze Radio Return
6. Coloured Screens — Antonio Paul
Top 2 Books I Read This Month:
Most Popular Review This Month
Most Popular 5 Blog Posts Overall This Month
1. The Best Bookish Birthday Ever — Seriously, what a wonderful birthday I had!! Thank you for all the nice birthday wishes!
2. Top Ten Sequels I Have Yet To Read: I know, I know I know!! I’m bad.
3. In Memory of Lost Books: Those poor, poor books!
4. Top Ten Halloween Costumes Inspired By Books I Read: This one was SOOO fun to do!
5. Getting Into The Fall Mood: playlist, books & more : Really enjoyed sharing some Fall things with you!
3 New Obsessions In October
3 Things I’m Looking Forward To In November
3. The Book Thief movie coming out!!
Favorite Quote From A Book I Read In September
“On her way back, she scoops up forgiveness like a bouquet, sniffs it deep and arranges it in a vase. She sets forgiveness down, shining in the middle of everything.”
― What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton
5 Posts I Starred In My Reader That You Should Check Out
1. 11 Simple Ways To Be Happy — Ashley’s blog is one of my favorites I discovered this year and I feel very encouraged every time I leave!
2. Why Your Friends Will Make Or Break You — I’ve found this to be true in my experiences!
3. Practice Makes Permanence: Love this post! I’ve always gotten discouraged by the whole “practice makes perfect” thing and this was encouraging!
4. On Not Being An Astute Reader — YES. I’ve admitted to my own insecurities related to this but I FEEL THE SAME WAY AS ELENA. I’m learning to just accept this about myself!
5. Loved Estelle’s post on making moves! I can 100% relate to this post!
What sort of things were noteworthy for you in October? New obsessions? Any new song recs?? Best books you read this month? Great posts I missed on your blog? Tell me! 🙂