Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is hosted at my other blog — The Broke & the Bookish
This week’s topic: Top Ten Books I’d Love For Santa To Bring
I’m going with books that I’ve been wanting to read but just don’t own yet or haven’t gone to the library for! Santa, I’d also happily take gift cards or my own library if you think I’ve been an extra good bookworm this year!
1. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell: It’s no secret I LOVE Rainbow Rowell. She was a big discovery for me this year and became one of my favorite authors after reading Eleanor & Park and Fangirl. I NEED this one while I want for Landline which is on my list of 10 most anticipated books for 2014. It’s an adult novel, I’ve heard excellent things about it and it seems like a me book! (Find on Goodreads)
2. Winger by Andrew Smith: When I spoke about the list of books I feel like slipped under my radar this year, Winger made the list and lots of people on Twitter and in the comments said OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE TO READ THIS. So, Santa, make the people happy! (Find on Goodreads)
3. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter: This is an adult book that I’ve been wanting to read for a while but after Lauren from Random House shared it as one of her top reads of 2013 in my round-up of publishing folk’s favorite reads this year I knew I HAD to get to it sooner rather than later. (Find on Goodreads)
4. Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham: I had been over the moon to find out one of my favorite actresses (Gilmore Girls/Parenthood) was writing a novel and that it came out this year! However, I haven’t been able to get my hands on this just yet. Very long wait at the library plus being on a book buying ban due to my unemployment situation made for me not to read this book quite yet so come on SANTA…get on it. And bring me the entire box set of Gilmore Girls while you are at it. (Find on Goodreads)
5. Saving June by Hannah Harrington: I finally read Speechless by Hannah Harrington this year as it was one of our book club picks in 2013. I really liked it and have heard that Saving June was even BETTER so now I need to get myself this one. (Find on Goodreads)
6. The Chocolate Thief by Laura Florand: I really want to read this one now that I’ve delved into the world of adult romances this year. The lovely lady behind Chachic’s Book Nook has been raving about this one and thinks I would like it and it looks so CUTE plus PARIS. (Find on Goodreads)
7. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta: I have FINALLY read Melina Marchetta’s Jellicoe Road and OMG…I think my insides are still wound up from that one. I think about that book and I want to bawl. Santa needs to bring this one (and its companion novel The Piper’s Son) because 2014 WILL be the year that I read more of Melina Marchetta. I already know she’s going to be favorite author based on one book. (Find on Goodreads)
8. Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe: Margot told me I HAD to read this book and I’ve had a few other people tell me it’s a Jamie book so I must listen! I know absolutely nothing about it! (Find on Goodreads)
9. A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley: Man, the Aussies really know how to steal my heart. I finally read Graffiti Moon and I NEED this one because Trish Doller says it is one of her favorites and well Trish Doller is one of my favorite authors. (Find on Goodreads)
10. Sever by Lauren DeStefano: We all know how much I suck at series and how embarrassing my unfinished series number is (it’s probably even grown since then) so Santa needs to bring me this one because I’ve yet to finish this trilogy and I’d like to! I’m nervous though. I am. (Find on Goodreads)
So tell me…which one do you think Santa (aka me after Christmas with some gift cards) should buy first?? What have you read from my list?