So part of my bookish resolutions for 2013 (and continued for this year) was at least TRYING some of the genres I really haven’t read from/was kind of scared of. Thus, Courting Genres was born last year — I enlist the help of “experts” in the genre (you can still help me with some genres!!), they give a few picks for me and then YOU all vote. Then I get all gussied up and start courting that genre with the 2 books with the highest votes. I started with Courting the Adult Romance Genre and now I’m on to the “New Adult” genre.
The winners are …
(This book is 5 bucks for the Kindle if you want to join me!)
This one is only $3.99 yay (since it’s not at my library)
My Initial Reactions
1. Hopeless and Easy are definitely two that I’ve seen people who are a) not fans of NA books or b) don’t really read them actually liked so that’s good yah?
2. I read the description for Easy and I really have no idea what it is about. So vague and mysterious haha. The summary for Hopeless gives a little more but I’m pretty in the dark as to what it is even about. Besides romance. SO MANY SECRET THINGS.
3. I’ve heard lots of talk of this Dean Holder character so I’m excited to meet him!
4. I’m honestly kind of relieved to see Beautiful Disaster didn’t win because I’m not sure I was ready to go so balls to the walls right out of the gate because I’ve heard so many POLARIZING things about that book, more than most books, and I’m just…not ready.
5. I’m just kind of nervous about there being the kinds of cliches I try to avoid. I mean, I’m fine if it’s really well done or it makes me FEEL something but yeah..I’m just nervous.
6. Slammed by Colleen Hoover was the third most voted for sooo it seems everyone loves her books.
SO TELL ME. Have you read either of these novels? Do you think I will like them? Which one do you think I’ll like more? Or just give me a boost of moral support as I enter into this courtship! ALSO..check out my original “courting” post and see which genres I still need experts for!! Also, feel free to join me in my endeavor!