Image From February
Pho + bubble tea!
February In One Word
The weather, not getting the job, some family things that shook things up for a bit, busy days . CRAZY.
5 Things That Happened In February:
1. I didn’t get the job I interviewed for. BLAH DI BLAH. Over it..on to the next thing!
2. I tried pho for the first time! It was so tasty!
3. We had ONE nice, glorious weekend and went out and did ALL THE THINGS because OMG NO SNOW/FREEZING TEMPS. Seriously, it was amazing and reminded me how grateful I am for Spring after a long Winter.
4. I did a complete overhaul of my shelves. By accident. Because the ice took out our power for a day. It was a good time and I rediscovered so many books which prompted this post and then this new thing I’ll be doing!
5. I went to the library for the first time this year. (I was vowing not to go for a while because I seriouslyyy don’t need to bring anymore books into my apartment). I can’t even tell you how much my mood is enhanced by wandering the library aimlessly by myself for a couple hours!
6 Songs That Were Most Popular On My Ipod This Month:
1. Come With Me Now by Kongos
2. The Breach by Dustin Tebbutt
3. I Want To Get Better by Bleachers (This is Jack from Fun’s new project!!)
4. Never Gonna Change by Broods
5. Take Me Higher by Old Man Canyon
6. Keep Together by Hunter Hunted
Top 2 Books I Read This Month:
Most Popular Review This Month
Most Popular 5 Blog Posts Overall This Month
1. Why I ALWAYS Carry Much Reading Material With Me — This is why I love you guys more than my IRL friends who do NOT get this “quirk” of mine! One of most popular posts ever!
2. What Has Happened To Me?!— In which I talk about something alarming (to me) as a reader so far in 2014!
3. If We Were Having Coffee : I introduced this post a couple months ago and decided to make it a regular thing to talk to you about LIFE.
4. I’m Hanging Up My Book Reviewer Hat: I’m not going anywhere but I talked about some changes! I’m glad you guys were supportive of my wanting to make a distinction, for myself and my blog, between book blogger and book reviewer. I’ll still be doing “review-like” things but I don’t want to BE a book reviewer.
5. 10 Books That Made Me Cry : ALL THE TEARS.
3 New Obsessions In February
3 Things I’m Looking Forward To In March
3. Hopefully some weather that starts to give me hope Spring will come?!
Favorite Quote From A Book I Read In February
“I keep wishing, reflexively, for a glimpse of the future, so I’ll know what to do. But I don’t kid myself. I have to feel my way forward blindly. I try not to be afraid. Even if you know what’s coming, you’re never prepared for how it feels.” — How To Say Goodbye In Robot by Natalie Standiford
6 Posts I Starred In My Reader That You Should Check Out
1. You Are A Big Deal No Matter How Big Your Audience May Be: This is SUCH a good post! I struggle with this from time to time and I know others do and I think reframing is the name of the game here and I love it! Such a good way to look at blogging!! Alex’s blog is one of my daily favorite reads so I highly recommend!
2. The Fine Art Of Fluff: I looooved this post from Christina! I feel like “fluff” or more lighthearted books get a bad reputation and are easily dismissed. I LOOOOOVE books that make me feel good and actually asked for recs recently because I needed a pick-me-up REAL bad! I agree with everything Christina says in this and her recs are excellent of the ones I’ve read and most are on my TBR!
3. On Changing Your Dreams: You know sometimes when you read something and you just KNOW you were meant to read that? Yep. This post for me. I appreciate Emma’s honesty and it encouraged me because as you know my dreams are quite a mess with this whole wrench called long term unemployment that I would have NEVER thought I would find myself in. I’m thinking a lot about Emma’s story and immediately started journalling after!
4. DIY Split End & Dry Hair Treatment: Oh lordy I need this. My hair + the wintertime = BAD NEWS BEAR.
5. 27 Productive Things You Can Do With 5 Minutes: Some good ideas! I’m that person who will just scroll mindlessly on Twitter or Tumblr when I’m left with a few minutes between things. I’m fine with doing that but sometimes I’d rather be productive and these are perfect and practical!
What sort of things were noteworthy for you in February? New obsessions? Any new song recs?? Best books you read this month? Great posts I missed on your blog? Tell me!