Image From This Month
March In One Word
I conquered this reading slump I had so badly so far in 2014 and I conquered something that scared me!
5 Things That Happened In March:
1. Veronica Mars movie!! I love Veronica Mars so much and was happy to back this film the moment I found out about the Kickstarter campaign so I was delighted when Will surprised me with special fan event tickets so we got to see the movie a night early and got Neptune High Reunion shirts. I loved the movie as a fan!!
2. The Storycrush tour came to Philly — Lauren Oliver, Melissa Kantor, Robyn Schnieder, Courtney J. Stephens and Katie Cotugno. You can check out my quick little recap I did of the event…tried something new so I’d like feedback on it!
3. Divergent!!! I rather enjoyed it as far as book to movie adaptations go. Wasn’t perfect but I liked! But THEO JAMES. DROOL.
4. I got my first ice cream of the season from a new ice cream shop that was SO tasty. I even went bold and tried a new flavor — blueberry crunch — rather than going with my staple of mint chocolate chip.
5. I got back into pilates! I was sick right when the new year started and just really fell off the working out wagon and FINALLY I’ve gotten into a routine again!
6 Songs That Were Most Popular On My Ipod This Month:
1. Thunder Clatter by Wild Cub
2. Cardiac Arrest by Bad Suns
3. We Might Be Dead by Tomorrow by Soko
4. Turn It Around by Lucius
5. Fire Eyed Ones by Fire Eye
6. Up The Wolves by The Mountain Goats (they are one of my all time faves but The Walking Dead played this song on a recent episode and OMG it made me remember how much I loved them/I went on a TMG bender!)
Top 3 Books I Read This Month:
AHH I had such a good month for books in March! So hard to choose!
Most Popular Review This Month
Most Popular 5 Blog Posts Overall This Month
1. DO NOT READ IN PUBLIC — I loved how varied we all about emoting in public while reading. LOVED reading your awkward public crying (or laughing) stories about books that made us cry.
2. What It’s Like To Be A Mood Reader— In which I talk about what it’s like to be a mood reader and how it affects my reading and my blogging.
3. On Binge Reading Series…And Why I Haven’t Done It Since 2008 : I really appreciated all your recs!! Still going through them!
4. Top Ten Popular Authors I’ve Never Read: Oh the shame! But some of you made me feel better!
5. Top books on my Spring TBR list : Lots of good books for me to read Spring 2014!
3 New Obsessions In March
3 Things I’m Looking Forward To In April
3. Visiting my dad and family for Easter!
Favorite Quote From A Book I Read In March
“Sometimes a moment defines you, defines how people see you for the rest of your life. You can accept it or fight it. If you’re lucky, you’ll recognize the moment when it happens.” — If I Lie by Corrine Jackson
5 Posts I Starred In My Reader That You Should Check Out
1. 6 Ways To Honor Your Time (And Live Your One Wild & Precious Life): I’ve always been a fan of that Mary Oliver poem (it even spurred this post) but I admittedly always just focus on the well known quote of it but I LOVED that she talked about the lines together. It hit me even more profoundly. This was a post I NEEDED to read and I think others could get a lot out of it. #1 and #4 were big for me.
2. The Grace In Saying No: I’m a person that struggles to say no. Like really, really bad. Sometimes I genuinely want to do something and don’t want to miss out. Sometimes its guilt. Sometimes it’s feeling bad. It’s a whole mess of things. I want to please people. I stretch myself thin. I need to get better at this.
3. How To Get Back To Kicking Ass if This Year Has Gotten Away From You: Oh GOD. This year. I had all these huge goals and THINGS for this year and like seriously how are we saying goodbye to March already?! I slacked so far this year and I’ve been beating myself up on it so this post was gold!
4. DIY Skin Clearing Mask: This blogger has been my go to for skin care and such for the past couple years. She’s always coming up with new things for me to experiment with and I can’t WAIT to do this.
5. Someone Else’s Pain + Struggles Do Not Negate Yours: Loved this post a lot! Very thought provoking! I do try to keep my problems in perspective and feel guilty often because I know others have it worse than I do right now but my financial situation + long term unemployment is what I’m going through right now and it’s hard for me.
What sort of things were noteworthy for you in March? New obsessions? Any new song recs?? Best books you read this month? Great posts I missed on your blog? Tell me! 🙂