Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is hosted at my other blog — The Broke & the Bookish
This week’s topic: Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List…this could have easily been a list of like 50 things.
1. Meet Morgan Matson & Trish Doller: I have literally met mostly every single one of my fave authors (Gayle, Rainbow, John Green, Laurie Halse Anderson, Stephanie Perkins, Tahereh Mafi, Veronica Rossi, etc. etc.) but I have NOT yet met these two and it has to happen because they have written some of my ABSOLUTE favorite books!
2. Finish the HP series: You all know I FINALLYYY read book 1 and I blogged about that experience with my #HPvirgin tweets but I really, really need to finish the series.
3. Really work on the story I’ve been toying with: I never ever ever have had the desire to write a book ever — except for maybe when I was a wee one. But, as I admitted to you guys, I have this really, really personal story that just came to me. A “what if” from something in my life that didn’t actually happen. I just keep putting it off and I really shouldn’t because I keep thinking about it. I cry every time I start to work on it so it makes it difficult? But, even if it never goes anywhere, I at least want to give it some attention.
4. Start a Little Free Library: This is more a $$ and location issue for right now but I’d really love to start one of these.
5. Get blurbed: This is just a random thing that I know will probs never happen because the things I write in my reviews are not very eloquent like a lot of other bloggers but oh my goodness would I love to be blurbed in a book!
6. Visit 5 libraries in 5 different countries: I love travel & I really, really want to make it a point to visit other libraries in different countries. With this, I also OBVIOUSLY want to visit bookstores everywhere I go and definitely buy some books whilst abroad! (BC omg some of those covers!)
7. Read at least 3 of the 700+ page chunksters on my shelf: I’ve admitted to the fact that blogging has made me shy away from SUPER chunky books but I’d really like to clear some of those out and stop being afraid of them.
8. Have a designated reading room/library when Will and I buy a house: It doesn’t have to be big but I just want a little space to show off my bookishness and to really be able to enjoy it in all its glory. My friend Anna’s new reading room is making me all sorts of JEALOUS.
9. Go on a bookish tour: I definitely want to go to Prince Edward Island and do the Anne of Green Gables tour or some of the literary tours in England.
10. Plan a getaway with my bookish besties: We’ve all been talking about it and I had the most amazing time in Chicago hanging with some of them and I just really need to have a fun getaway with my book pals that is outside of a conference or book event!
BONUS: Get Will to read 1 book — I’ve already talked about why being married to a non-reader isn’t as bad as you may think BUT that doesn’t mean I don’t want him to give reading a chance. I WILL get him to read a book one day!
So tell me…what’s on your bookish bucket list??