Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is hosted at my other blog — The Broke & the Bookish
This week’s topic: Top Ten Tuesday FREEBIE!
This week I chose, following in tradition with the top ten books I wanted from BEA 2013, to go with top ten books I hope to bring home with me from BEA 2014!
BEFORE WE BEGIN: If you are noticing a HUGE lack of BIG titles from Harper it’s because of THIS EPIC MAIL WEEK or else things like The Jewel or Falling Into Place would be on my list. So if you are interested in what Fall 2014 Harper books I’d be hunting down it would be some of those. Also, two of my big ones Let’s Get Lost & Lies We Tell Ourselves I received at ALA from Harlequin. So check those out!
As you may know, I’m going to be attending the Book Expo of America for year #4! These are the goodies I hope I bring back with me!
1. I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson: If I could only take ONE book home from BEA it would be this one! Hands down. The Sky is Everywhere is one of my all time favorite books and I have been waiting YEARS for a new one from her. You shall see me at this line as early as I can get there!
2. Rooms by Lauren Oliver: I love me some Lauren Oliver — her wonderful self and her books! I cannot wait to get her first published adult novel!!
3. Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer: I have been wanting to read her adult fiction novels and will eventually but I definitely want to get my hands on this one! Boarding school!
4. Glory O’Brien’s History of the Future by AS King: I loved AS King’s Please Ignore Vera Dietz so I cannot wait for this one! Also, she’s a lovely person!
5. Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld: This sounds awesome. I think all book nerds and writerly people need this one!
6. Jackaby by William Ritter: This one sounds really interesting. I don’t watch either of this but it says it’s like Dr. Who meets Sherlock. (I know, I know..I plan to rectify that soon).
7. Rain by Virginia Burgin: Sounds creepy and strange. The rain is infected and can kill you. I don’t even know. I want it.
8. Famous In Love by Rebecca Serle: I really want this because I enjoyed Rebecca’s novel The Edge of Falling + I look stories about teen stars!
9. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas: I just finished Throne of Glass over the weekend and I MUST HAVE THIS as I have Crown of Midnight sitting right here and I hear that it will kill me. So yeah, I’m already anticipating the need for this.
10. The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton: This is an adult novel and it sounds FASCINATING.
So tell me…if you are going to BEA..what are some books you want? If you are not, which ones would you hope to snag? And did you discover any new books through my list?? Or think of any that ARE NOT on my list that I should be watching out for??