2. What Books Have Made Their Way To My Shelves:
3. I will be leaving for BEA in about a week! (WILL I SEE YOU THERE?). Here’s some of my Very Important Facial Expressions so you will be able to identify me. If you ARE going I’m thinking about crossing off some of my bucket list food items (specifically Big Gay Ice Cream Shop & Macbar) on Tuesday night (say about 7:30ish) and Wednesday afternoon..time to be decided. I’ll tweet it out for specific details but anyone who wants to come is welcome! I’m still open for BEA questions!
4. Giveaway winner has been posted and contacted for my Morgan Matson prize pack! Thanks to all who entered!
5. I am going to be tweaking my “book talk” thing a bit. I gave up star ratings a LOOONG time ago. Like back in 2010 or early 2011. But I know that a lot of people like them so it WAS hard to give that up because people want to know how you rate things. I gave them up because I had such a hard time being consistent with my star ratings. I felt conflicted about giving a book that might be a fun, high level enjoyment sort of read 5 stars but then also give a 5 star to some book that was just a beautiful piece of work that shook me to my core and made me think about a lot of things. Because the 5 stars weren’t always for the same things and I just personally became frustrated and kept agonizing over it. HOWEVER, as clear as I think I am in my reviews with where my level of love is for a book (esp with my book review on a post-it) I do want my readers to know where it rated for me in the grand scheme. SO I’ve been tinkering with re-introducing a rating system that fits what I want and you will see that tomorrow and I’d love feedback. Basically it will have my rating and then it will have a FACTORS section below it so that I can explain the things that made it rate where it did so I can clarify that it was really loved because it was just absolute fun or if I’m rating it high for the writing and how it made me FEEL. There are SO many factors to why I love books and I LOVE books of all kinds and, for me, the star ratings limited me. Not all 5 star reads were 5 stars for the same reasons. SO I am hoping this works out for me!
6. What You May Have Missed On The Blog This Week:
Oh The Pressure — I’m talking 3 reasons why I’m afraid to borrow your books!
In which I talk about the book I FINALLY read after 2 years because I was scared.
Date With My Bookshelf #2 – back with a video and talking about 3 books on my shelves!
Absolutely illustrated my biggest struggle as a reader — 5 books I almost put down and I’m glad I did vs. 5 books I didn’t book down but WISH I did.
On Mother’s Day – talked a bit about how I was honoring my mom this mother’s day and some things I miss about her.
Let me know what you are reading and what you just finished!! And let me know if I will see YOU at BEA!!