Image From This Month
MAY In One Word
Warm weather, BEA, etc.
5 Things About My Life In May:
1. I went to the Book Expo of America!! My recap will be coming but Year #4 was excellent. So many great friends to see again and so many lovelies to meet for the first time. SO MUCH FUN. Great conversations and picked up some good books!
2. I got to be part of a phone interview with John Green about the TFIOS movie — and, as per usual for me, I made a fool out of myself.
3. I went to the beach for the first time in 2014 AND my pool at my apartment is OPEN: SUMMER TIME. YES.
4. Will & I went to a Death Cab For Cutie show — it’s been since my sophomore year in college (2005) since I’ve seen them. It was AWESOME. The band that opened was…errrm interesting.
5. I went back to being a redhead! I was a redhead (of various shades) all throughout high school and college and then a year or two before the wedding I went brown so I could be a little natural for my wedding but now I’m BACK.
6 Songs That Were Most Popular On My Ipod This Month:
1. Lanterns by Birds of Tokyo
2. Sounds of Screams by Thumpers
3. Waves by Sleeper Agent
4. Drive (Los Angeles) by Lolawolf
5. Lemons by Woodlock
6. Make This Leap by The Hunts
Honorable Mentions: Sing by Ed Sheeren (I hated it the first time I heard it but second time it was magic), Was There Nothing by Asgeir, Down by the River by Milky Chance, Sons & Daughters by Allman Brown & Liz Lawrence
Top 3 Books I Read This Month:
1. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green (I didn’t write a review really but I talked about overcoming fear & hype)
2. Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang
3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (look at ME reading fantasy! Review to come!)
Most Popular Review This Month
Loved To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before! Also, put this on my beach reads recommendation post. This also debuted my new-ish Book Talk style (for when I want to follow a format…and when I don’t I won’t.)
Most Popular 5 Blog Posts Overall This Month
1. Ten Bookish Things My Husband is Sick of Hearing Me Say— This post was so fun to do for Will and I and it made us LOL a lot to read your responses! Will felt a little less alone for sure!
2. My beach reads recommendation post— Shared what books will be in MY beach bag & some recs!
3. My John Green interview : I swear I read all your comments in between lines and on subways during BEA!
4. 3 Reasons I Get Scared To Borrow Your Books: Talking about the pressures that come with borrowing books!
5. My Reading Life + Social Media Influences on It : Social media has changed my reading life for the best but sometimes there are drawbacks!
What I’ve Been Up To On The Youtubes This Month:
3 New Obsessions In May
3 Things I’m Looking Forward To In June
3. TFIOS movie!! I am going to bawl my eyes out (like everybody else).
Favorite Quote From A Book I Read In May
Can I just pick the entirety of The Fault In Our Stars?? SIGH I guess I’ll pick one from it then:
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
5 Posts I Starred In My Reader That You Should Check Out
1. How To Live A Life You’re Proud Of: “That will be the thing I regret most too, and the moments when I was generous, when I embodied kindness, will be the moments I am most proud of. String enough of them together, and I will have lived a life I’m proud of.”
2. It’s All Been Said Before — But It Hasn’t Been Said By YOU: Sometimes I’ve felt that nagging feeling in my 4 years of blogging of “why bother…it’s all been said before.” This was a good reminder! “Don’t let the fear of being another voice in an over-saturated blogosphere hold you back from starting something amazing.”
3. What Defining Success On Your Own Terms Really Means: I started to tear up reading this because I’ve been feeling so down on myself and how not successful I am in all the ways I thought I would be successful in years ago. (Read: being in a career I loved). Great reminder and food for thought for me!
4. Life Advice From Famous, Painfully Awesome Women : Loved this!
5. Art Appreciation: Loved this post from Anna so hard about books and appreciating the art. It was beautiful and I SO have had that moment too where I’m just overcome by it all. “Every so often, though, a book comes along that halts me in my tracks…..And I think to myself, “Oh, so this is art.” One of my favorite posts I read all month!
Pick a category (or 5… or all of them) and tell me what went on in YOUR life in May!! What sort of things were noteworthy for you in May? New obsessions? Any new song recs?? Best books you read this month? Great posts I missed on your blog?