Image From This Month
My youngest sister, my dad, my sister Angela and I. LOVE IT.
JUNE In One Word
Everything I did pretty much was related to my sister’s wedding
5 Things About My Life In June:
1. My younger sister (Genevieve & Adela’s mom) got married!! It was stressful leading up to it because my sister is suuuuper laid back and not at all good at these sorts of things so I did a lot of THINGS as MOH to make sure everything ran smoothly. BUT it was a super fun wedding and my sister looked seriously gorgeous! And as I speak right now we have the 4 girls to take care of for a week while they are on their honeymoon! Thankfully the boys are staying with my dad for the week.
2. Will got a new job!! — I am so, so excited. My brother-in-law was able to get him in the door at his company when something opened up and HE GOT IT. It couldn’t have come at a better time and, as you all know, things have been rough for us in the past couple years so this was AWESOME NEWS. Waaaay better pay, better commute, benefits and tons of room for growth!!
3. LOTS of World Cup watching: We watch a lot of soccer in general in our household (mostly Will getting up early to watch while I blog and watch next to him) but we’ve been non-stop with the World Cup. We went to a crazy bar for the first US game and I felt like I was at a frat party getting beer thrown at me. We’ve had lots of World Cup fun so far going to different bars and watching with people.
4. My blog turned 4!!— Sometimes I’m like I ONLY HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 4 YEARS and other days I’m like HOLY CRAP 4 YEARS THAT IS A LOT OF TIME. I reflected upon how book blogging has changed my life in these 4 years.
5. I signed up for a 5k! So if you heard the story of my first 5K fail, you know it did not end well. SO I signed up for another one for July as part of the YA Runs A 5K!
6 Songs That Were Most Popular On My Ipod This Month:
1. Rollercoaster by Bleachers
2. Whispers by Passenger
3. Skin & Bone by Stu Larsen
4. Bloodlines by Mimicking Birds
5. Same Mistakes by The Echo-Friendly
6. Love In Stereo by Sky Ferreira
Top 3 Books I Read This Month:
I read 6 books this month which is more than I thought considering ALL THE THINGS I had to do for my sister’s wedding.
1. I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson — I gave a really short “Save the Date” with my thoughts. Full review to come! Seriously, if you are on the fence with checking this one out look at my thoughts!
2. Tease by Amanda Maciel — I had some issues with characterization outside the main character but this book, as a concept, was AWESOME. A book about bullying from the POV of one of the bullies. Very realistic feeling!
3. Brazen by Katherine Longshore: I am a Reign addict and this historical fiction book was a fun romp through royal life in King Henry VIII court! (review to come)
Most Popular Review This Month
Tease by Amanda Maciel was definitely very popular because it’s a bit of a difficult one to swallow so I’m not surprised it was my most popular review!
Most Popular 5 Blog Posts Overall This Month
1. How 4 Years Of Book Blogging Has Changed My Life— It was really nice to reflect on how this journey has changed my life.
2. When the well-rounded reader finds herself not so well-rounded anymore— I shared about how I felt I was always an eclectic reader and then realized, when looking at the books I’ve read in the past year or so, that maybe I’m not anymore?
3. 5 Things You Could Do To Piss Me Off As A Reader: Your comments further prove you are all my people!
4.My Top Ten Books I’ve Read So Far This Year: Loved talking about the books that are at the top of the top this year so far for me! SO MANY GOOD ONES, YOU GUYS!
5. 3 Things About Me As A Reader : I noticed 3 things that, as a reader, I seem to always be the opposite of other people on.
And a post that got lost in the shuffle with my sister’s wedding: I’m talking about blurred lines in blogging!
What I’ve Been Up To On The Youtubes This Month:
3 New Obsessions In June
3 Things I’m Looking Forward To In July
3. Beach days! We’ve only been to the beach one time so far this summer so I am making it a priority!
Favorite Quote From A Book I Read In June
From Gayle Forman’s novella, Just One Night. SWOON.
“And the kiss feels like something completely new. But it also feels like something deeply known.”
5 Posts I Starred In My Reader That You Should Check Out
1. Kick Feedburner To The Curb: I’ve thought Feedburner was a pain in the butt for quite sometime with all its shenanigans of not showing all your followers and doing crazy things. I have been putting off switching but Hannah’s post is giving me motivation!
2. The First Step To Anything Is Show Up: I feel like I needed to hear this right now! “Stop talking about how much you want something, and just start showing up. Let your actions do the talking.”
3. How Self Aware Should Someone Be?: Some definite food for thought! Especially as someone who feels like they are pretty self aware. LOTS TO THINK ABOUT. And I love that the convo stemmed from a book!
4.The Truth About Social Media : One of those things I always try to think about but sometimes I lose sight of it and get caught up in this envious state. Always a nice reminder!
5. 5 Travel Mistakes I Keep Making Again and Again: This is one of my favorite travel blogs and her honesty is so refreshing. I loved this post because it’s nice to see even seasoned pros don’t have it together when it comes to travel!
Pick a category (or 5… or all of them) and tell me what went on in YOUR life in June!! What sort of things were noteworthy for you in May? New obsessions? Any new song recs?? Best books you read this month? Great posts I missed on your blog?