Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is hosted at my other blog — The Broke & the Bookish
This week’s topic: Top Ten Of My Favorite Classics or Ten Classics On My TBR List.
I used to read way more classics and, to be honest, in the past couple years I haven’t much been interested in the classics like I used to be. Here are 10 that I absolutely DO want to read though.
1. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway: This is one I bought a zillion years ago and I have always WANTED to read it just forgot about it.
2. Dracula by Bram Stoker: I feel like this is one I just should have read by now. Plus I bought it forever ago.
3. Beloved by Toni Morrison: I’ve heard such good things about this one!
4. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller: I had tried to read this in high school but couldn’t get into but I think I’ll appreciate it more now?
5.Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury: I’ve read other Bradbury but this is like one of THE biggest classics there is and everyone seems to have read it but me.
6. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen: I haven’t read this Jane Austen and I want to read all her books!
7. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte: Yeah, I know, how have I not read this one yet?
8. Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell: This book is mammoth but ONE DAY.
9. A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith: I have had so many people I admire and respect say this book is among their favorites.
10. East of Eden by John Steinbeck: I’ve read other Steinbeck books but this beast always scares me.
So tell me…which ones have you read? Which ones I should prioritize? Tell me one of your favorite classics or a classic you think I would really like!