1. My wrist finally healed: OMG IT FELT LIKE IT TOOK SO LONG. But it’s feeling pretty good and I’ve eased back into all my planks and mountain climbers and burpees…..and am pretty much wanting to die because I haven’t done them in a month or two but am SO SO grateful for my healthy wrists!!!
2. We booked a bunch of things for our trip that we needed to do— We bought all sorts of passes and tickets and things we needed! Will is excited because we got tickets to go to a proper football match in England! CANNOT BELIEVE THIS TIME NEXT MONTH I WILL BE IN LONDON AGAIN SOOOO EXCITED.
3. Had a really fun brunch with some lady friends at my favorite local tea room: It was such a fun brunch! It was my 3rd time there in a month *hides face* *swears she isn’t addicted*
4. Had some really fun couples nights– After Will and I drifted away from our friend group we had since college we were sad about the lack of couple friends to do stuff with. Then we gained a few more and then they all ended up moving! We did couples night and played Cards Against Humanity with my girlfriends and their husbands and then we did dinner with my sister and her husband and one of my very best friends and her new boyfriend that we set her up with (he works with Will and my sister’s husband) and another couple whose husband works with all of them. It honestly was SOOOO nice to have couples to do stuff with again. We’ve missed it so much. We love hanging out together but honestly dinner or game night with other couples is something we both love so much. Honestly if there was a theme for this month was that I spent a lot of time with friends and I’m happy to be in some really great friendships these days.
5. Had 2 Easter lunches & got through the one I dreaded: I was particularly not looking forward to one because it’s hard for me to go to my former house and see my stepdad and his new wife (who my sister and I don’t get along with for good reasons) and her kids in the house that holds most of my childhood. It’s so hard to feel like a guest in the house you grew up in. Every time we have to go there I just want to cry because the absence of my mom is even stronger in those moments even though I want my stepdad to be happy. PLUS she invited her family. I just wasn’t feeling like having forced (not so) family fun and had a really crappy attitude about it going in. I mean, it may have been the 3 glasses of wine I had before dinner even started but it actually turned out to be enjoyable? I decided to not be as standoffish (as a defense mechanism for my sadness) as I was at the wedding this Fall and actually had a pleasant time???? It could have just been a fluke but I felt like maybe one day I will do these things and not want to cry the whole time that I’m in the house.
I put all my Monthly Rewinds in a Spotify playlist so you can listen to them here !
1. Warrior — AURORA
2. Even If It’s A Lie — Matt Maltese
3. Genghis Khan — Miike Snow
4. Throw Down your Guns — Wild Belle
5. My Heart Beats 4 U — Rooney (guysssss they were my favorite in high school and I DIED when I saw they came out with a new song!!!)
6. Underdressed — VERITE
I read a total of 9 books this month and quite a few of them were wins for me so this was HARD to pick my top 3.
2. The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski: SUCH A SATISFYING CONCLUSION TO A TRILOGY I HAVE LOVED SO MUCH!!! If you haven’t read this series, I highly recommend.
My review of the The Love That Split The World — which I was very much in the minority with my lack of love for it.
1. #ShelfGoals On My Mind — Loved hearing about everyone else’s bookshelf situation!!
2. 12 Reasons I’m Totally In Love With My Library: SO MUCH LIBRARY LOVE!!
3. In Need Of Book Recommendations Because Of My Current TV Obsession: You guys always come in clutch!!!! I love that my blog, while it’s a place I give out a lot of recs, is a place where *I* am always being handed great recs when I need them.
4. “Why Don’t You Just Write About It On Your Blog” Says the Husband: It actually felt really nice to work through some of where I’ve been at blogging wise lately. Thank you for your words of encouragement.
5. 11 Book Related Things/Experiences That Delight Me: Damn, it feels good to be a bookworm. THE LITTLE THINGS.
Honestly my If We Were Having Coffee post! These have been my favorite (and most interactive) posts I’ve done and I really look forward to catching up with you all when I do them. I’m always so grateful for the people I do get to connect with but lately I feel like they haven’t gotten the love. Thinking on why that might be! (and I totally realize that it could be that, while I try to respond to all, sometimes I fail because these comments are typically really lengthy in response and I genuinely take my time…gotta prioritize these comment replies above all others. I read ALL of them and think about you guys a lot).
NOTHING. Again. I had high hopes of finding some time now that I got a new camera but I don’t know….I have to step back and assess where I stand with youtube.
1. Why Your Blog Is More Important Than Ever: Over the past 6 years I’ve been blogging I’ve noticed how various social media has changed blogging. We probably ALL have if we’ve been around enough. I always wonder what it means for my blog and have pondered if I should go focus on another medium but this post expresses why I probably will never ditch the blog for something else.
2. Spiced Carrot Coconut Soup : I had a really great carrot soup (like one of the best soups I’ve ever had) at my local tea room a couple months ago and I’ve wanted to make one and one of my favorite food blogs posted this.
3. How To Get Out of A Creative Rut (for bloggers and other creatives): Really great tips!! I wrote my own “what to do when the blogging honeymoon is over” post years ago and still stand by those tips too for even more inspiration if you are in a creative rut right now of the book blogging kind!
4. Why Revisiting A Place Can Be Just As Magical As The First Time: I am guilty of being a person who would rather visit new places than go back. I have told Will on numerous occasions I’m done with my family’s huge family vacation every other year because it’s always at the same place at the beach. I love that vacation but I always would rather go somewhere else I’ve never been with that vacation time – even though I know I’d miss the precious family time. For a quick second, when Will said he would like to go to London I almost pouted “but I’ve already been there can’t we pick a new country I’ve never been to” but then I was like 1) omg what a brat I am 2) it’s LONDON there’s so much of London I’ve never been to. This was a great post that helped me start to reframe things! I know, for me, I don’t get to travel as much as I’d like so I always feel like NEW PLACE NEW PLACE when I do but I do need to remember that travel isn’t just ticking off a list of places I want to go. True, it’s important but also revisiting can be just as satisfying. Christine, another travel blogger I follow and love, also had a really great post on this recently as well.
5. 10 Articles on Decluttering To Simplify Your Life: if you read my Coffee post you’d know I’m in like spring cleaning mode. I haven’t read all the links in this post but I saved it hoping it would help my cleaning/organizing/decluttering because I’m just not that great at any of it.
(womp womp so weird for me not to have a new recipe to share. I did this 4 week meal plan in March and it was pretty boring. BUT I SURVIVED IT. )
1. Leaving on a jet plane!!!!: Pretty much going to be the highlight for April and May! We leave at the end of April for two weeks for London and Madrid.
If you could get on a plane and go ANYWHERE right this second (for free)…where would you go?
Pick a category (or 5… or all of them) and tell me what went on in YOUR life this month!! What sort of things were noteworthy for you this month? New obsessions? Any new song recs?? Best books you read this month? Great posts I missed on your blog? Answer to my question of the month?