Happy first day of Spring, you guys!!! GOODBYE WINTER GOODBYE. I’m so ready for nice weather….I swear I will lose it if we have a spring snowstorm. We haven’t even had a bad winter at all but I just am not into winter at all and I love the sunshine and comfortable temperatures.
ANYWAYS…this spring will be a big reading season for me as it will be the last season I have before I will suddenly have a baby attached to me and less time to read. The countdown to July is on and, in addition to doing lots of other things, I really am trying to enjoy these last uninterrupted reading moments I’m so lucky to have right now.
One of the BIG reading goals I have for this Spring is to READ BOOKS THAT PHYSICALLY TAKE UP SPACE ON MY DAMN SHELF. That means, few library trips and bookstore shopping sprees! Also means saving the books on my kindle for when I am up feeding a baby and only have one hand to use to read. We have very little storage space in our apartment for the baby and I need to get rid of books off my shelves so we can use one of them to be able to put little cube bins of baby stuff.
So, let’s talk about 10 books from my shelves that I definitely plan to read this Spring!
1. And We’re Off by Dana Schwartz: Anytime a book involves travel I’m in! This looks like the PERFECT read for this Spring!
2. Once and For All by Sarah Dessen: New Dessen?? DEFINITELY on my priority list no matter what season but LOOK HOW SPRINGY THAT COVER IS. Can’t wait to devour a new romance from Sarah!!
3. Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh: A MULAN RETELLING. Yep.
4. Who’s That Girl by Blair Thornburgh: This book is actually a SUMMER release (comes out ON my due date) but it’s definitely a summer release I want to read before I have the baby. This book is giving me major Audrey, Wait! (by Robin Benway) vibes which makes me so happy because I love books that have a music angle of some sort and I’ve been dying for a book in the vein of Audrey, Wait!. Plus Blair is a fellow Philly lady so I’m even more excited about it!
5. Given To The Sea by Mindy McGinnis: I loooove Mindy McGinnis’s books so it’s a no brainer a new book from her would be on my list. She’s written so many different types of books and I’m soooo excited that she’s giving us a fantasy book!
6. The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig: I’ve been meaning to read this one every since it came out but then I decided, later in 2016, that I would just wait until book 2 came out and now it’s out so I can’t wait to devour these! Time travel wooooo!! (It’s only $1.99 as of today!)
7. Nowhere But Home by Liza Palmer: This one has been highly recommended for years by people I trust and it looks so cute! I love books where the MCs have to go back to their small home towns for whatever reason and are confronted with an old flame or crush.
8. Uprooted by Naomi Novik: One of the things I wanted to do before I had the baby is read some of my most anticipated fantasy releases that I STILL hadn’t gotten around to yet because I know myself and I will lean on contemporary when my brain is all strung out from no sleep and all the fantasy on my shelves will be ignored until I can better concentrate.
9. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi: Another fantasy I want to get to!
10. Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson: This one came out when I was in my reading slump and I REALLY want to read it so I’m making it a priority!
There are a few other books that I have on my kindle or plan to buy but aren’t currently ON my shelves that are coming out this Spring that I want to for sure read this Spring. So I will mention those briefly:
1. Fireworks by Katie Cotugno: LOVE ALL KATIE’S BOOK. THEY ARE LITERALLY ALL SO GOOD AND COMPLICATED AND JUST THE BEST ! Reading it sooooon!
3. Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han: I looooove these books and was delighted when Jenny announced there would be another one. I love Lara Jean and her sisters SO MUCH. I NEED THIS BOOK NOW AND WAITING TIL MAY IS HARD.
4. Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy: Love Julie’s books and very excited for a new one!
5. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon: This looks allllllll sorts of adorable!
6. In A Perfect World by Trish Doller: Trish is one of my favorite contemporary authors and I’m excited for a new book from her! Plus it’s set in Egypt??
What books are on your Spring TBR?? Also what books are you excited about that are releasing this Spring?? I’m so behind on what is releasing unless it’s an author I’ve already loved or a big hyped up release!