Oof…pretty telling where I’ve been at lately that my MARCH rewind is happening in like mid-April. I’ve been busy busy busy and…tired. But here we go anyways…
Follow me on Instagram to see more images from my month.
Also you should follow my personal account — @jamielee841 — if you want to see even more!
1. I returned to the blog: YEAAAAAY. Finally some motivation came my way after quite a long break….the first time I’ve ever been away from the blog in my almost 7 years of blogging.
2. The bump got reaaaaaal — I mean, there is no denying that there is a baby in there. Plus she’s kicking like crazy now which still scares me sometimes when she does it out of nowhere. I’m 27 weeks now and besides heartburn, some pelvis pain and finding it harder to do things like turn over in bed and put my pants on…things have been good.
3. My poor car that I’ve had since college has to be replaced: It’s a 20 year old car that I’ve had since college and we were looking to replace it anyways because it just didn’t seem super safe for a baby. BUT I had to get it inspected and they said it needed 1300 bucks worth of repairs and SO MUCH NOPE. Soooooo I’m going to be buying my first car soon at 31 years of age??! TOO MUCH ADULTING IS HAPPENING.
4. Bought a few outfits for the baby: I’ve been holding off on buying clothes for her until after my shower and I go through some hand-me-downs from people but I really did want to buy her a couple of things that were my taste ANNNND they were such a good deal.
5. Honestly my March was A LOT about getting our apartment ready for the baby: We had a relatively boring month but we were SOOOO productive. I’ve had so much energy so I’ve been trying to get things done around the apartment. LOTS of cleaning and organizing and making room. BORING but necessary…plus it helped that some of these weekends we’ve had were cold or rainy.
I put all my Monthly Rewinds in a Spotify playlist so you can listen to them here !
1. Can We Hang On? — Cold War Kids
2. For You — LEON
3. High — Sir Sly
4. Wild Love — Elle King
5. Gold Angel — Minke
6. One of Us — New Politics
Check out the rest of my March playlist for more of what I was listening to this month!
I read 9 books this month!
1. The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord — YET AGAIN Emery delivers. Her books are my favorite and this might be my FAVORITE FAVORITE.
2. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne: So addictive! Loved this hate-to-love romance.
3. Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde: This was the cuuuuuutest. My heart!!
1. Things I’ve Been Doing While I Haven’t Been Blogging — Lots of life updates!!
2. What I Plan to Read This Spring: Reallyyyy trying to read lots of books on my shelves! Have you read any of these?
3. Some Real Talk About Change: Change is hard for meeeee!
4. 5 Memorable Times I Met Authors I Loved: Loved hearing your stories as well!
5. On Trying New Hobbies & Learning New Things: Feeling inspired!
I wish my blog got more love from ME haha
1. Golden Chicken Lentil Soup: I love a good soup and this looks delicious. Although I’m not really a soup fan when it gets warm out so miiiight have to save this one for Fall or if there are any upcoming rainy spring days.
2. Seeing My Body With Fresh Eyes: Really enjoyed this read!
3. You Can Make Excuses Or You Can Make Progress: Little inspiration for sure!
4. DIY Baby Bookshelves: I mean, relevant. Had to save it for later.
5. 5 Neutral Shoes For Spring: I was decluttering my closet and got rid of a bunch of shoes I never wear soooo I’m in the market to add a couple new pairs that I will actually wear!
1. My new lunch go-to’s: In the 5 years that we’ve been married our lunch/dinner routine has basically been that whatever we make for dinner is our lunch the next day. So that meant cooking at least 5 days a week. Recently we decided to try experimenting with having one thing for lunch and then make less meals after work by having our “leftovers” for dinner again the next night rather than for our lunch. It’s been quite a bit less stressful. With that change I have had to find THINGS to make for my lunch for the whole week — which YAY time to go through my Pinterest full of lunch ideas that I’ve never been able to use because we don’t do just “lunch” as a meal. I’m obsessed with this wrap and this pasta salad and this sandwich.
2. Pregnancy lifesavers:– LET ME TELL YOU. Sleeping while pregnant is a feat. My new bff is my pregnancy body pillow — this thing is THE BEST. My second lifesaver is my FULL PANELED LEGGINGS & JEANS. I GAVE IN. They are ugly as sin but let me tell you how comfy they are when you have a huge bump sticking out of you. I had some jeggings that still fit but it’s so not comfy to have your pants below your bump. EMBRACING THE STEVE URKEL PANTS.
3. A new shampoo & conditioner: I’ve used this Acure shampoo for the past few years but they just came out with a new kind and it smells so good and is PERFECT for my dry curly hair. It’s great to be able to alternate between these two now because the other two in their line aren’t really meant for my hair type.
I’ve been doing some spring cleaning while I have the energy so I want to know….what’s your best cleaning/organizing hack (or just tell me if you have a great system)??
Pick a category (or 5… or all of them) and tell me what went on in YOUR life this month!! What sort of things were noteworthy for you this month? New obsessions? Any new song recs?? Best books you read this month? Great posts I missed on your blog? Answer to my question of the month?