1. I went on a road trip to Michigan: I was so happy that it worked out that Will and I could road trip to see my girl Tara, one of my original book blogging buddies from back when I started, and I got to see my other bffs I met through blogging Anna and Ginger (who I actually have never met in these 5 years since we’ve known each other!!). Tara was a beautiful bride and it was a super fun wedding. Will and I explored Grand Rapids a bit (lots of foodie adventures) and it was soooo nice to spend time with some of my favorite people and have Will FINALLY meet people who are so important to me.
2. Went on a week long vacation to the beach with my family — My stepdad’s family is HUGE and every other year we rent 3 beach houses and hang out together all week and eat soooo much food. I’m typing this the day we got back from vacation and I have to tell you I cannot fit into my clothes the way I did pre-vacation. We end the week with a crab feast with even more extended family and it’s just a really fun week!
3. I found a Little Free Library really close to me: I was so excited to find a nearby Little Free Library but I got talking to the lady who owns that particular one and the experience really reminded me why I do all this.
4. I had a really big reading slump in the beginning to half of the month– I just didn’t feel like reading at ALL so I didn’t but then I got so busy I didn’t HAVE time to read and that was annoying. Luckily the second half of the month I made up for it.
5. I started a major purge of my closet & bookshelves: I still have a LONG way to go but I’m working on paring down on a lot of things. I’m planning on getting that KonMari book to try that method.
I put all my Monthly Rewinds in a Spotify playlist so you can listen to them here !
1. Flame by Sundara Karma
2. Leave A Trace – CHVRCHES
3. Silhouettes — Colony House
4. Back of the Car — RAC, Nate Henricks
5. Forever Mine — Andra Day
6. Revolution — Catey Shaw
– New Americana by Halsey
– Number One by Tove Styrke
– Molecules by Atlas Genius
– Wasn’t Expecting That by Jamie Lawson
– Avalanche by Hana
– Gorgeous by X Ambassadors
– Sparks by Beach House
– Clap Snap by Icona Pop
I read 9 book this month!
1. God-Shaped Hole by Tiffanie DeBartolo — Oh man this book was soooooo good! Made me sob. (And no, it’s not religious…you’ll see what the “god-shaped hole” is)
2. Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy: WHAT A GOOD SERIES ENDING. THIS BOOK WAS EVERYTHING.
3. Yes Please by Amy Poehler: What a delightful book and conclusion to Lara Jean’s story as we know it!
Was kind of surprised that a more negative review was most popular this month! Was super disappointed by this one
“‘The only way we can get by in this world is through the help we receive from others. No one can do it alone, no matter how great the machines are.” — Yes Please by Amy Poehler
It was in a section about technology and living in the moment and I just loved it! Lots of quoteable lines from this book!
1. In Memory Of — in which I reflect on memories and remembering on the 9th anniversary of my mom’s passing.
2. Why I Am the Way I Am: a bittersweet story + how it reminded me of why I do what I do when it comes to blogging.
4. Podcasts I’m Listening To: I’ve gotten into podcasts and shared what I’ve been listening to! Love your recs as well!
5. Status: Fatigued & Overwhelmed: I think I have a case of internet/social media fatigue
NADA. Too busy to film.
1. In Five Years – Really loved this post from my friend Ginger — it had some great reflections and reminded me that it’s never too late!
2. How To Get Back On Track When You Are Backsliding On A Goal: Really relevant to my life right now haha
3. How Giving Away 1000 Books Made Me Love Reading Again: This was an interesting read that I found on a minimalist blog I follow! Curious what all my fellow book nerds think about it!
4. When Information Becomes Clutter & Noise: I was checking my Feedly and came across this not too long after I wrote about my internet fatigue I was feeling and this was PERFECT!
5. 15 Lessons from Turning My Travel Blog Into A Career: I have followed Kate for quite a few years and there’s a reason she is one of my faves! Loved her lessons!
The last book you read that made you cry?
Pick a category (or 5… or all of them) and tell me what went on in YOUR life this month!! What sort of things were noteworthy for you this month? New obsessions? Any new song recs?? Best books you read this month? Great posts I missed on your blog? Answer to my question of the month?