Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is hosted at my other blog — The Broke & the Bookish.
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2012
1. Sarah Zarr : I loved Sweethearts and I cannot to scour her backlist as she writes just really great contemporary that is just so realistic & authentic. I’m also really excited for The Lucy Variations coming out from her in 2013 as you might have guessed from my Hachette Spring/Summer 2013 edition of Catalog Creepin’. (my review of Sweethearts)
2. Jennifer E. Smith: I JUST read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and will be reviewing it soon. Let me just tell you — ALL OF THE SWOON. I’m excited to read her backlist and am SO read for This is What Happy Looks Like in 2013! How have I not read her before this??
3. Robin Benway: I read & reviewed Audrey, Wait! this year and it was HILARIOUS! I know that she has a new book coming out and I don’t know if it it’s going to be as funny as Audrey,Wait! but I am definitely a fan!
4. Sarah Jio: This is a new adult fiction author that I discovered this year. Blackberry Winter is the first book I’ve read from her and I love the blend of mystery & historical fiction she brought to the table with incredibly storytelling that keeps the pages turning!
5. Siobhan Vivian: I FINALLY read Not That Kind of Girl and loved the kind of open discussion Siobhan Vivian brings to the table. Really great contemporary YA that’s bold & fresh. I can’t wait to tackle The List next!
6. Veronica Rossi: Just when I thought I was needing a little dystopian hiatus, Veronica Rossi swoops in to the rescue with Under The Never Sky. Then I read Through The Ever Night (review to come soon!) and fell in love with this series even more. I will eagerly be awaiting book #3 in this trilogy but also so excited to see what she writes next!
7. Diana Peterfreund: For Darkness Shows The Stars was such an unexpected read for me and was one I picked up solely based on a recommendation. This book was beautiful and unique and I hear her killer unicorn series is awesome too. So excited to delve into more of her works!
8. Kirsten Hubbard: My foray into the writing that is Kirsten Hubbard was through Wanderlove — a book that was definitely on the top of my favorites list. Combine travel, romance, swoony moments, amazing writing into a contemporary story with memorable characters and you’ve got yourself a Jamie Book! No doubt she is on my radar for LIFE.
9.Sarah Ockler: This is one of those authors that I felt like I should have read as a contemporary YA lover but never did. Thankfully Twenty Boy Summer did not disappoint and I’m definitely in need to binge on some of her backlisted books!
10. Jenny Han: Everybody in the WORLD has talked about The Summer I Turned Pretty and you know me…late to the bandwagon but hey…at least I’m hitched to it now, yes? I must finish up the series and then onward to Burn For Burn!
Had to add this because I’m me: I also discovered John Green’s solo works this year. I don’t know if that counts since I had already technically discovered him via Will Grayson, Will Grayson last year BUT if you will let it count..than that would be my numero uno. Paper Towns & Looking For Alaska are incredible!
Who are some new favorite authors YOU have discovered this year? Are any of these authors that I’ve shared any of your personally favorites??