Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is hosted at my other blog — The Broke & the Bookish
This week’s topic: Top Ten Books On My Fall 2014 To-Be-Read List
1. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver: I KNOW I KNOW. I can’t believe I haven’t read this either. More embarrassingly I bought this when it first came out.
2. The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth: I’ve had this book on my shelf for a while but I’ve seen some talk about this book being challenged or something and so I want to give my support and read it.
4. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch: Been really digging fantasy so we’ll try a new release! A kingdom is conquered, its people are enslaved and magic is taken away. Until there is talk of a way to get the magic back!
5. Glory O’Brien’s History of the Future by AS King: A.S King is a brilliant writer and this one sounds so goooood. The main character develops the ability to see the infinite past and future — and the future looks AWFUL for the world. She doesn’t want this future to come true so she tries to figure out HOW to make sure it doesn’t.
6. Even In Paradise by Chelsey Philpot: This books just screams a Jamie book amirite? A girl becomes friends with the former senator’s daughter when she shows up as the new girl in school. She’s thrown into Julia’s world and sparks fly with Julia’s brother. Also, A SECRET TRAGEDY.
7. Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little: LOVE STORY IN ANCIENT MESOPOTAMIA. THAT IS ALL.
8. The Walled City by Ryan Graudin: A lawless labyrinth run by crime lords and overrun by street gangs and the main characters try to escape it!
9. Playlist For The Dead by Michelle Falkoff: A boy tries to figure out why his best friend committed suicide by listening to a playlist that he left for him.
10. Twisted Fate by Norah Olson: The new boy next door brings very differing feelings to these two sisters — one crushes on him and one thinks his mysterious ways screams psychopath and tries to protect her sister. She finds herself drawn to him too and simultaneously right and wrong about the things she thinks about him. Says for fans of We Were Liars & Mara Dyer soooo YAY.