Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is hosted at my other blog — The Broke & the Bookish
This week’s topic: Top Ten Authors I’ve Only Read One Book From But MUST Read More!!
I decided to only focus on authors who had multiple books out already rather than debut novelists because there are SO many debut authors I NEED TO READ MORE BOOKS FROM…but they aren’t actually out yet!
1. I read This Song Will Save Your Life from Leila Sales and I’ve heard SUCH good things about the rest of her books. Considering that This Song was one of my favorites of last year I’m surprised I haven’t gotten my butt into gear and started her other books! Also did you see the new paperback cover for this book??
2. I just recently read Everything Leads To You by Nina LaCour and I KNOW I have to read her other books! That book was BEAUTIFUL!
3. It’s my mission to read all the books from Courtney Summers after having read Some Girls Are. Her words just pack a punch and all her books look SO different! Very interested in her zombie book!!
4. Julia Quinn is the first historical romance author I’ve read and I REALLY loved The Duke & I. Cannot wait to read more books in this series and beyond!
5. My first encounter with Catherine McKenzie was through her book Arranged and it was the PERFECT beach read — light, romantic but also made me think a little! I really want to read her other books especially Spin & Forgotten!
6. Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick is SO underrated and I just know that I need to read more of his books. Especially because he seems to keep setting them in my city and I LOVED the Silver Linings Playbook movie.
7. I don’t know why I didn’t do whatever it took to get my hands on Cath Crowley’s other novels after reading Graffiti Moon but FOR SHAME. I especially want to read A Little Wanting Song. I think my issue is that they are only pubbed in Australia. I THINK that’s why I didn’t immediately buy it. I think I need to make a Fishpond order.
8. Okay so I LOVED Raw Blue from Kirsty Eagar and when I read this I saw that she had two more books out but they were paranormal and at that point I wasn’t really open to reading much paranormal. I KNOW I need to read more from her because I’m sure her paranormal is just as awesome as her contemporary.
9. Joshilyn Jackson writes women’s fiction (I guess that’s the term people use? Chick lit? IDK) and I really liked her novel Backseat Saints but haven’t read any of her other books yet but really want to read Someone Else’s Love Story!
10. I’m hoping to slip this one on here last so maaaaybe none of you are still paying attention. That’s right….since last year I STILL have only read book 1 of the Harry Potter series and I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW.. I have to get to like book 3 to REALLY get into the series (or so I hear from everyone) and then I’ll understand the goddess that is JK Rowling. It’s not that I didn’t like book 1…I just haven’t had time/felt compelled enough to devour the next one. SOMEONE LOCK ME IN A ROOM WITH JUST THAT SERIES (I realize maybe that’s not a good idea to tell strangers on the internet to lock you in a room. Isn’t that the stuff Lifetime movies are made of??)