Another lovely Tuesday because it is Top Ten Tuesday time over at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week the topic is favorite book quotes! I am a quote fanatic. I write them down and I read them over and over again. I had about 50 favorite quotes I wanted to share but I figured I’d spare you all. The books that I have taken quotes from are just a few among many from each book. I think I had about 3 pages worth of quotes written done from EL&IC! Most of these are my favorite books! Enjoy!
1. “I like to see people reunited, I like to see people run to each other, I like the kissing and the crying, I like the impatience, the stories that the mouth can’t tell fast enough, the ears that aren’t big enough, the eyes that can’t take in all of the change, I like the hugging, the bringing together, the end of missing someone.” Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: A Novel by Jonathan Safran Foer
2. I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”— On the Road by Jack Kerouac
3. “I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am.”– The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
4. I’m sick of just liking people. I wish to God I could meet somebody I could respect.” — Franny and Zooey by JD Salinger
5. “We need enormous pockets, pockets big enough for our families and our friends, and even the people who aren’t on our lists, people we’ve never met but still want to protect. We need pockets for boroughs and for cities, a pocket that could hold the universe.” — Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
6. “Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road. (On the Road — Jack Kerouac)
7. “Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.” The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
8. “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! — When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” – Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
9. “Tonight, I feel like my whole body is made out of memories. I’m a mix-tape, a cassette that’s been rewound so many times you can hear the fingerprints smudged on the tape.” — Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield
10. “Even now, all possible feelings do not yet exist, there are still those that lie beyond our capacity and our imagination. From time to time, when a piece of music no one has ever written or a painting no one has ever painted, or something else impossible to predict, fathom or yet describe takes place, a new feeling enters the world. And then, for the millionth time in the history of feeling, the heart surges and absorbs the impact.” — The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
And I’m including an 11..because I can!
11. “Like driving along a bumpy road and losing control of the steering wheel, tossing you–just a tad–off the road. The wheels kick up some dirt, but you’re able to pull it back. Yet no matter how hard you try to drive straight, something keeps jerking you to the side. You have so little control over anything anymore. And at some point, the struggle becomes too much–too tiring–and you consider letting go. Allowing tragedy…or whatever…to happen. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher