I’m Jamie! I’m the blogger behind The Perpetual Page-Turner and I’ve been blogging here since June 2010.
I started this blog as a way to chronicle what I’ve been reading, swap book recommendations and just talk all things books as I didn’t have anyone in my life who related to my bookworm tendencies.
Over the years it has evolved — just as I have when I started this blog as a 24 year old to who I am today as a 30-something married lady with a kid (seriously though how am I old enough for these adult responsibilities??)
Just think of me as your reading bff who would NEVER let you be without a good book to read! I always want this place to feel like we are good friends, sitting across from one another over coffee or margaritas, chatting books and life and everything in between.
But let’s get to REALLY know each other a bit, okay??
Like I said, I’m Jamie. I’m 35 and I’m a new mom in the Philadelphia area who tries to make time for good books, great adventures, soul-stirring conversations, improving myself and just generally remembering who I am outside of being a mom. I pretty much can’t sit still because there’s so much to do but that doesn’t mean I don’t love a good Netflix binge or a nap.
1. Will is my husband, Riley is my baby girl and Finn is my rescue dog. I will refer to them often.
2. If I could just travel and read for a living I would be THE happiest person in the entire world. I have this insatiable desire to be everywhere I’m not. I try to combat this with books but, in the end, there is no substitute for a real adventure somewhere else in the world…putting your feet down somewhere you’ve never been and just experiencing something new.
3. My other titles, in addition to Bookworm Extraordinaire & Extreme Book Hoarder, are Queen of Car Dancing & Madame of the Mixtape. Music is life and I enjoy it in all the ways I possibly can — car dancing, lying in the grass with my headphones or standing in a crowd of sweaty people all experiencing the same show.
4. One of the reasons I love books is, because even though reading is a very solitary activity, it makes me feel closer to other humans. I feel like I get new slices of life, connect more to the human spirit, am able to THINK from different perspectives, etc. This is one of the main reasons I started this blog — to connect with other people who are reading and connecting to books. This is why I have many personal discussions here because I interact so much with my reading and connecting with people about books and life makes that experience even richer.
5. I am an ENFP (Myers-Briggs), a Hufflepuff, Enneagram 4 and an Obliger (Gretchen Rubin’s Four Tendanices). That tells you a lot about me! Also the fact I love anything that is a personality thing.
YA Fiction– Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, The Book Thief, If I Stay/Where She Went, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Just One Day by Gayle Forman, The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
Adult Fiction — Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, On the Road, The Bell Jar, Franny and Zooey, Love in the Time of Cholera, Pride and Prejudice, The Bird Sisters and Never Let Me Go.
Photo taken by Margot Wood
My goal with this blog is to create a place where I can talk to other kindred spirits about all the books I’ve read, books I’m excited to read, etc.!
I maintain an honest and conversational reviewing style. There aren’t any gimmicks here. I just like books and I like to talk about them and I LOVE hearing what you have to say…even if you don’t agree with me!
So if you’d like to follow the madness here that is The Perpetual Page-Turner, you may want to do one of these things:
- Add my blog to your RSS feed!
- Follow me on Twitter @brokeandbookish where I tweet about books, food, music, the general insanity of my life & more. I’m fun, I promise. And I’m quite chatty…so don’t be afraid to say hi!
- Like my page on Facebook .
- Join my sporadic vlogging adventures on Youtube
- Follow me on Instagram where I do more book reviews