I’m Jamie! I’m the blogger behind The Perpetual Page-Turner and I’ve been blogging here since June 2010.
I started this blog as a way to chronicle what I’ve been reading, swap book recommendations and just talk all things books as I didn’t have anyone in my life who related to my bookworm tendencies.
Over the years it has evolved — just as I have when I started this blog as a 24 year old to who I am today as a 30-something married lady with a kid (seriously though how am I old enough for these adult responsibilities??)
Just think of me as your reading bff who would NEVER let you be without a good book to read! I always want this place to feel like we are good friends, sitting across from one another over coffee or margaritas, chatting books and life and everything in between.
But let’s get to REALLY know each other a bit, okay??
Like I said, I’m Jamie. I’m 35 and I’m a new mom in the Philadelphia area who tries to make time for good books, great adventures, soul-stirring conversations, improving myself and just generally remembering who I am outside of being a mom. I pretty much can’t sit still because there’s so much to do but that doesn’t mean I don’t love a good Netflix binge or a nap.
1. Will is my husband, Riley is my baby girl and Finn is my rescue dog. I will refer to them often.
2. If I could just travel and read for a living I would be THE happiest person in the entire world. I have this insatiable desire to be everywhere I’m not. I try to combat this with books but, in the end, there is no substitute for a real adventure somewhere else in the world…putting your feet down somewhere you’ve never been and just experiencing something new.
3. My other titles, in addition to Bookworm Extraordinaire & Extreme Book Hoarder, are Queen of Car Dancing & Madame of the Mixtape. Music is life and I enjoy it in all the ways I possibly can — car dancing, lying in the grass with my headphones or standing in a crowd of sweaty people all experiencing the same show.
4. One of the reasons I love books is, because even though reading is a very solitary activity, it makes me feel closer to other humans. I feel like I get new slices of life, connect more to the human spirit, am able to THINK from different perspectives, etc. This is one of the main reasons I started this blog — to connect with other people who are reading and connecting to books. This is why I have many personal discussions here because I interact so much with my reading and connecting with people about books and life makes that experience even richer.
5. I am an ENFP (Myers-Briggs), a Hufflepuff, Enneagram 4 and an Obliger (Gretchen Rubin’s Four Tendanices). That tells you a lot about me! Also the fact I love anything that is a personality thing.
YA Fiction– Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, The Book Thief, If I Stay/Where She Went, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Just One Day by Gayle Forman, The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
Adult Fiction — Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, On the Road, The Bell Jar, Franny and Zooey, Love in the Time of Cholera, Pride and Prejudice, The Bird Sisters and Never Let Me Go.
Photo taken by Margot Wood
My goal with this blog is to create a place where I can talk to other kindred spirits about all the books I’ve read, books I’m excited to read, etc.!
I maintain an honest and conversational reviewing style. There aren’t any gimmicks here. I just like books and I like to talk about them and I LOVE hearing what you have to say…even if you don’t agree with me!
So if you’d like to follow the madness here that is The Perpetual Page-Turner, you may want to do one of these things:
- Add my blog to your RSS feed!
- Follow me on Twitter @brokeandbookish where I tweet about books, food, music, the general insanity of my life & more. I’m fun, I promise. And I’m quite chatty…so don’t be afraid to say hi!
- Like my page on Facebook .
- Join my sporadic vlogging adventures on Youtube
- Follow me on Instagram where I do more book reviews
Hi Jamie! Do you still get credit if I buy something from amazon? I got a gift card and would love to give you credit if possible. I don’t see it w your new layout! Thanks!
I do! You can click on book title links and they will take you there! Thanks 🙂 How are you??
Jaime Buckley says
Awesome name. Truly. I’m not making this up.
Had to stop by and check out your blog after logging into Twitter and it says ‘Who To Follow’ and there’s my name–sort of–but I’m a girl…and I’m CUTE, too!!
Congrats on the marriage!!
I am also married to my best friend of 25 years now (? wow–where did the time go???), and we are also opposites in most things–not all. But, hey, it also works for us. We have 11 kids and starting to get grand-babies too (SO much fun!!).
Your blog is, may I say, a refreshing change–not just from professional reviews, but even from many book bloggers I’ve seen. I’m going to place my money on it being your personality…and maybe a smidgen on the name (smirk). Keep up the fantastic work and wish you the very best on your enduring romance!
Hi Jamie! First off I need to say that you have a great name 😉 Second, I love your blog! I can’t wait to read more! Have a great day!
Hi Jamie! I wanted to drop you a line to tell you that I’ve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Happy writing. :]
You can check it out along with other info here, if you wish: http://wp.me/p30cnC-6h
Just dropping by to let you know I have sent you a friend request on Goodreads. So you know it’s not a random crazy person, just a regular crazy person. 😀
Hi! I nominated you for a Liebster Award — it’s a sort of fun award/meme that’s passed around by bloggers. You can check it out here: http://buriedbeneathallthelies.com/2013/05/16/liebster-award-questions-answers-bookish-links/
Lauren @ Books, Tea & Me says
Hey Jamie! I just wanted to let you know that I’ve nominated you the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I don’t know if you accept awards or not, but here’s my link to my post to see your nomination and others’: http://booksteame.com/2013/10/11/award-catch-up/
Hope you have a lovely day 🙂
I just came across your blog and I’m glad I did! Looks like we have a few books in common – I love The Book Thief and Pride and Prejudice – and I am definitely a fan of car dancing! I just need to try and remember that other drivers can actually see me when I do! 🙂
Hahah I used to care about people watching but I figure that MAYBE I’ve made them laugh or something because a crazy car dancer and plus WHEN WILL I EVER SEE ANY OF THOSE PEOPLE?? Haha unless of course they pull into the same parking lot as me 😛
I don’t know how I never saw this?? HIII!!! 🙂 SOUL SISTERS.
Just wanted to let you know how much I love perpetualpageturner! Whenever I need to find a new book I come to you first. It seems like every book that you end up liking/recommending I end up liking too! I love and look forward to your reviews and posts.
Thanks for being awesome! :]
I was looking through your blog and saw that, at least at the beginning of the year, you hadn’t read Daughter of Smoke and Bone yet. I just wanted to say it’s an amazing, beautiful book. The sequel is gorgeous too. If you’re still trying to get into fantasy, I would say you should start here. I definitely recommend you move it up your “to read” list! Thanks for all your great posts!
Yes I need to read that one!! Thanks for your kind words!
Christie @ Read by the Undead says
You look gorgeous! I especially love your photo on the sidebar. After reading that first fact about you, all I could do was say “aww!” in my head. Congratulations (well, I’m a year late)!
Aw thank you <3 I realized how OLD my about me was..so I finally had to change it hahah
Hi Jamie, I’ve nominated you and your blog for the Liebster Award!
Kristin @ Simply Bookish Things says
Loving your blog, can’t wait to read more! 🙂
Kristin at simply bookish things
Aww you are the sweetest! <3 Thanks for all your comment love! Appreciate it!
I love the picture of you and your husband! (It should definitely be a Christmas card.)
I’ve nominated you for the Versatile Bloggers Award!
Guess what – I am a 28-year-old book blogger, too! LOL I don’t feel that old either – whatever happened?? I love the whole feeling of your blog, it makes me want to curl up with a cup of tea and a book.
I do book reviews and some tags (tagged you for the 3 Days, 3 Quotes Challenge – https://prettydoesome.wordpress.com/2015/07/23/3-days-3-quotes-book-quote-challenge/)/top 10/reading-related lifestyle pieces and am looking to connect with fellow book lovers, so feel free to pop in any time (who am I kidding, please do – I so want us to be blog friends!)
Hi Jamie! I really like your blog! I’m new at blogging, so I’d really appreciate it if you could visit/follow/comment on my blog too: https://thatgirlandherbooks.wordpress.com/
Thanks so much! Your blog was what inspired me to create my own
You have a great blog over here, so glad I found it!!
Nihaad – Read & Seek
Simant Verma says
This post is awesome :p I loved it and I am glad I found your blog. You are my inspiration now for my new blog which I am going to start soon 🙂