So what was our heroine’s solution you ask? A BIG OL GIVEAWAY to find good homes for some of her precious books…ones that she will never reread, has duplicates of or will just never get to.
So as the story goes… unfortunately I am going to do reduce my collection for when we move because I know we are going to end up moving into a place smaller than my closet. lol. Plus, I’m trying to simplify…sooo it kind of works out. So I figured I’d send these books off to other bloggers so I know they will have a good home. Anything that doesn’t get taken will be donated. These books are either books I’ve already read and probably won’t reread, books I got unsolicited and probably won’t get to, books I bought or books that I got duplicate copies of somehow.
There will be two winners. One winner will receive their choice of 7 books while the second winner will win 4. After the winners pick, I’ll let them know what is leftover and they can probably pick a few more depending on how much fits in a box. I want to get as many as I can off.
– US Only. Sorry, weddings are expensive so I can’t afford international anymore. Gotta cut some spending.
– You don’t have to be a follower, or follow my cousin’s daughter’s blog or write up a super awesome post about it. I’d love if you tweeted about it to get the word out. Say whatever you want. “Jamie looks insane but take these effing books off her hand.” “Jamie is doing the uglyface so do what she wants.” I don’t care. Whatever your heart desires…and if not, that’s cool.
– YOU MUST BE A BOOK BLOGGER TO WIN ANY OF THE ARCS. If you aren’t, please feel free to still enter for the finished copies (all those not labeled ARC), but I feel very strongly about passing these on for others who will REVIEW them.
– Only one entry per person
– Giveaway ends October 8th 2011.
-Fill out this easy peasy giveaway form.
Keep an eye out for more of these giveaways. I’ll be doing them sporadically until my wedding or until I get my collection down…but let’s be honest…it’s still going to look like an episode of Hoarders.
Here are the books to choose from:
Bad Taste In Boys by Carrie Harris
Sass & Serendipity by Jennifer Ziegler
The Other Countess by Eve Edwards
Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
Withering Tights by Louise Rennison
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (ARC)
You Are My Only by Beth Kephart (ARC)
Eve by Anna Carey (ARC)
The Goblin Wars by Hilari Bell (ARC)
Welcome to Bordertown: New Stories and Poems Of The Borderlands (Cassanda Clare, Neil Gaiman, Cory Doctorow and more)
Emily The Strange
Enthralled – Rachel Caine, Claudia Gray, Carrie Ryan & more (ARC)
Ingenue by Jillian Larkin
Reaching Through Time by Lurlene McDaniel
(ARC) How To Save A Life by Sara Zarr
You Don’t Know About Me by Brian Meehl
(ARC) Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Desires Of The Dead — Kimberly Derting
My Not So Still Life — Liz Gallagher
Elixir — Hilary Duff (SIGNED COPY!)
Cryptic Cravings – Ellen Schreiber
Passion – Lauren Kate
The House of Tomorrow by Peter Bognanni
So Much Pretty — Cara Hoffman
French Milk by Lucy Knisley
Cry The Beloved Country – Alan Paton
Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum (a tiny bit worn on one corner)
Dragonfly In Amber – Diana Gabaldon
Everything Is Going To Be Great by Rachel Shukert
Learning To Swim by Sara J. Henry
The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
Ape House by Sara Gruen
A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
Talking To Girls About Duran, Duran by Rob Sheffield (it’s signed TO me but I already have a personalized sign copy when I met him and then somehow he sent me another one signed when I did a giveaway for it…so be aware it is made out to me)
My Friend Leonard by James Frey