Fictional Characters Might Make Better Wedding Guests – A Weird Wedding Wednesday

Typically my Wedding Wednesday’s are not this BIZARRE…but I need some way to channel the Bridezilla that is lying dormant within me and waiting to come out!

We’ve had a rough estimate of how many people we were inviting to the wedding but this past weekend we’ve been trying to nail down the guest list…which seriously like nailing jam to the ceiling. NOT FUN. Discussions look like this:

“I don’t REALLY want to invite this person but I have to. Do we invite kids or not? But my family will freak if we don’t invite the 18 kid since we are closeknit and family matters. Will we talk to this person again? They invited us to theirs. Well, your family has more people invited so I should get to invite more. This person hates this person so we have to remember to seat them far away from one another. I don’t know if she’ll bitchslap her if they are in the same room? Problem solved..I’ll put a cage in the middle of the dance floor and they can FIGHT TO THE DEATH. WHY IS THIS SO HARD?!?

Ok, so I’m exaggerating a bit…but not much. This guest list hoopla is going to be the death of me. Also, figuring out my last bridesmaid is going to kill me as well. I have a person who I feel obligated to have in it (family) and in my heart of hearts I don’t want her in it..but it’s probably be bad if I didn’t.

That being said, all the invite madness made me have a bizarre daydream. I started thinking about what my wedding would look like if I invited fictional characters from books to be a part of my day. Bare with me, this takes a little imagination on your part..but it’s fun to think about. I mean, honestly how could it NOT be awesome.

1. There would be major eye candy at my wedding. I, of course, couldn’t partake but the single ladiesss would be hitting the dance floor with men like Mr. Darcy, Cricket, St. Clair, Gale, Peeta, Adam from If I Stay,  Marcus Flutie, Wes, Dexter…oh and DAMON SALVATORE. I can still invite him even though I’ve never read the books etc. etc.  GET IT GIRLS.  THIS COULD BE YOU!!

2. I’d have the best dress ever designed by Cinna (Hunger Games) & Lola (Lola & The Boy Next Door). I’d ask Cinna to scale down on the glitter and pyrotechnics but it would be the best one of a kind dress EVER.

3. I’d get the best presents. I’d imagine the paranormal characters could bestow some awesome weapons and powers upon me. Roger could make me a mixtape. Mr. Darcy could probably buy me an estate.

4. It would be epic to see characters across different books be chatting it up. I mean, some of it might be problematic when you get some enemies across paranormal lines or some bad boy hotties trying to be the center of attention but it’d be amazing. You might see Katniss & Elizabeth Bennet & Marcus Flutie doing the Chicken Dance together. EPIC. Disclaimer: The Chicken Dance will not get any love at my wedding!

5. I’d have the best bridesmaids ever:
- Lola — She’d make sure I looked fantastic and she’d create the best bridesmaid dresses.
- Katniss — She’d kick anybody’s ass that would try to ruin my day.
- Jessica Darling — She’d be sure to make me laugh throughout the whole process.
- Elizabeth Bennet — Really..she’s a sweetheart and would keep me real.
- Alice Cullen — Excellent fashion sense and really..it might be helpful to have someone foresee every and all wedding day disasters.

* END DAYDREAM *

Ok, obviously real live people are better. But for this Wedding Wednesday..it was MUCH better to think about fictional characters as it is much less stressful than the reality of my REAL LIVE GUEST LIST.

Which characters would YOU invite to your wedding? Who would be in your wedding party?

Comments

1. Bahahahaha YES!!!! There would be like way too much hotness at the wedding. It would be INTENSE. XD

2. That totally WOULD be the best wedding ever. *Sigh* If only they were real.

…Although then they'd be booked for a LOT of people's weddings.

3. Donna Gambale says:

The guest list was also the most difficult part of the wedding for me (I have a ton of close friends, hubby has huge, close family, and we wanted to keep it at 130 people), and I'm pretty sure every bride will say that. It's the balance between close relationships and obligation, +1s and kids, and the overall size and budget.

Unless you have an unlimited budget and want to invite everyone you/your spouse ever met (with a guest for each), it's TOUGH. And very, very personal. And no matter what, someone will be offended. Best of luck, and stay strong! haha

I love your literary wedding lots and lots and lots!

And if anyone gives you crap about your guest list, make Damon waggle his eyebrows at them!

4. This post was seriously entertaining! I loved your daydream – especially the part involving Damon Salvatore. :)

5. Jasmine Rose says:

Everything about this post is awesomeness!
    And the guest list seriously sucks. We sent out invitations already and we're STILL having issues with the guest list.

6. Everything about this post is awesomeness!

7. nea barabea says:

Yeah, I think everyone who's getting married has a problem with the wedding guest list. My sister is getting married too, in July – and has kind of the same problem. :P It's not easy, but I think you'll figure it out!

Btw: I think, after all it's your day – the day of your life – so I think no one has the right to judge why you have or haven't invited that person (the one that you feel like you have to, but don't want to). So yeah, think about your well-being and maybe try to visualize your wedding day with both options (if the person is there or not) and then decide for YOUR best ;) Which is everything that matter ;))

I love your choice of bridesmaids ;)) It's fun!

Good luck Jamie ;)

8. Sash and Em says:

haha GREAT post!! i love it!

9. I just love this. :D

10. I don't know who'd I'd invite but if Damon is going to be at yours can I come? ;)

11. A. Knight says:

Man, I loved this. I got to thinking in-depth about who I'd invite, who would be in my wedding party. But if it were made up of solely fictional characters and I got my way, I'd have like 50 bridesmaids and groomsmen, so I don't think it would work out smoothly. And then my husband's face kept switching from St. Clair to Cricket to Wes (The Duff) to Tucker to Daemon to Damon (TVD) to… you get the idea. *sighs* Gosh, this made me smile :)

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

12. I love this post a LOT! Anywhere Katniss is doing the chicken dance is a place I want to be.

13. Lu @ Regular Rumination says:

This post is adorable!

14. Overall AWESOME!

Btw – as hard as it is, remember that is is your wedding and although there is some etiquette that you should follow. If you REALLY don't want them in or at the wedding. Then just don't.It is your wedding, not theirs. = )

15. Cat the Librarian says:

Uh, that would be amazing, and far more fun than normal wedding guests!

16. Casey (The Bookish Type) says:

Damon Salvatore would not be invited. He would be the GROOM.

17. Bahaha THIS is why I love reading your blog! Thanks for giving me some happiness while I am (procrastinating) studying!

Bahahahha I'm going to have to agree with Casey up there. Damon would definitely be the groom. I LOVE THIS POST SO MUCH.

19. I had to go through the same thing. I hope you are having more success at keeping it down than I am; right now we're inviting more than 300 people and it's a problem. We have the funds to do it, but I'd rather see that money spent on a down payment on a house. People keep telling me it's my wedding and to do what I want, but the thing is it's not really just my wedding. It's Steve's too, and it's a wedding for all our family.

My biggest problem (and a problem my parents are dealing with) is how many people Steve's mom wants to invite from her family. It's a lot. We have a lot too, but they have more. We're trying to figure out which friends to cut so we can have enough room for the family we never see but have to invite (this is on both sides, not just his).

Good luck!

20. Sunnykimmy says:

Can I have an invite to your wedding? I mean, no doubt it will be the wedding of the century if those fictional characters showed up! I'd just have to be there to ask for autographs and dance with Tod. You are inviting Tod, right? From The Soul Screamers?

On second thought, don't invite me, I'll probably embarrass you and ruin your day :D

But seriously, I would love a wedding or party or other event where there would be fictional characters present.

But only the good ones! I wouldn't want Klaus or ripper Stefan at my birthday party, killing my guests for sport. Can you imagine!

21. This made me actually laugh out loud. And seeing as it's 11.42pm where I am, and people are sleeping it wasn't exactly an appropriate time to burst out laughing.

Hope it all turns out well for your invites in the end. Otherwise maybe you should just have all the fictional characters out :)

22. I love this post! Your wedding would be anything but unimaginative. Like I told you yesterday on twitter, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Damon Salvatore but I'd just stay out of his way and cling to Darcy instead ;) Oh, and your dress? Awesomeness.

I hope you and your fiancé can sort it out soon and with minimal blood loss! (What, a vampire is in your wedding party ;) )

23. Meg @ A Bookish Affair says:

Ugh, figuring out the guest list is such a pain in the you-know-what! I like the idea of just having fictional characters instead.

24. This is great! I love your blog.. fantastic

25. So, I was just checking out your Top Ten Tuesday, stumbled upon this, and I think it is hilarious! While I’m not going to think about every character I would want at my wedding (which already happened 3 years ago), I’d have to say that Hermoine Granger would be a top choice because she would be able to correct anything that went wrong!

26. I just stumbled on this post and its so funny!! If all this were to be possible this would be the best wedding on the planet in the history of FOREVER!!!