You’ve already gotten the run down of my highlights of 2012 in books through my End of Year Book Survey & my top ten books of 2012 so let’s do a rundown of my favorite NON-bookish things of the year! Shall we?
You can see more of my monthly music choices in my Monthly Rewinds
Twelve Most Listened To Songs On My Ipod In 2012
Hey Ho – The Lumineers
Lost In My Mind — The Head & The Heart
The A-Team by Ed Sheeran
Concrete Wall by Zee Avi
Somebody I Used To Know/ Eyes Wide Open by Gotye
Skinny Love by Bon Iver (for like the 3rd year in a row I think — never gets old)
We Are Young by Fun (Most overplayed song but I still love it lol)
It’s Time by Imagine Dragons
Harbour Lights by A Silent Film
Either Way by Beta Radio
Atlas Hands by Benjamin Francis Leftwhich
How Do I Know by Here We Go Magic
Thirteen Most Listened To Artists/Bands In 2012
8 Favorite Albums That Came Out in 2012
EPS I Loved: Churchill’s Change EP & Atlas Genius Through the Glass EP
Honorable Mentions: Neon Tree’s Picture Show, Imagine Dragon’s Night Vision, Passion Pit’s Gossamer
New shows I started watching this year (some long overdue & some new!) in addition to the shows I’m already watching (Parenthood, 90210, The Vampire Diaries, Grey’s Anatomy etc.)
Revenge: SO GOOD. Will and I devoured this one this year so we could catch up to the current season. I LOVE NOLAN. And I just love how kickass Emily is. And how the plot is so twisty and complicated and DRAMARAMA.
Revolution: This has been one that has grown on me but there are still things about it I don’t LOVE but I can’t drop it because it’s so addictive and I find myself getting sucked in! I am interested to see where it goes from here!
One Tree Hill: SO late on this band wagon but LITERALLY Will and I (on days when we weren’t doing wedding planning) BINGED this series. The earlier seasons where definitely WAYYY better but I still loved it! CHAD MICHAEL MURRAY!
The Walking Dead: Seriously, I would have never thought I would have liked this one much less be OBSESSED with it like I am. ZOMBIES! And I just care so much about some of these characters and the outcome. This show is incredible, brilliantly written & casted and they pull out crazy things like four episodes in to a season that you would expect of a season finale or something.
I am a serious Sephora addict and this year feel like I hit the jackpot in finding some of my all time favorite products! It’s always amazing when you find THAT product that you’ve always been looking for and this year was incredible for me. Bad for the wallet but my face and hair have never been better haha. All links go to Sephora because that’s where I bought them and can vouch for them being a good company to deal with and has an AMAZING return policy or I would have never spent the money on some of this stuff to try it.
1: Alterna Caviar shampoo & conditioner: I have used Pureology (still love them!) for the past 6 years and this is the first time I’ve liked a shampoo enough to take a break from Pureology and I LOVE this stuff. My hair has never felt so great. I also do things like put coconut oil in my hair at night, use split end serum from Pureology, Moroccan oil, heat protector, etc.
2. Boscia Luminizing Black Face Mask: I LOVE this mask but it’s somewhat messy and time consuming to peel off at first. I also make sure I put moisturizer on immediately after because it can dry your face out but I love how my face looks the next day.
3. Benefit Total Moisturizer: I have jumped from moisturizer to moisturizer my whole life. I find one and LIKE it but go through about 2 bottles and then switch to something new. Sometimes I’ll come back to them (Aveeno & Fresh Soy moisturizer) but this one is going to be a fave for a while I think. The ONLY con to it is that there is a scent but I don’t smell it much after it sits on my face for a few minutes.
4. Origins Checks and Balances face wash: Like with my moisturizer, I am constantly switching back and forth! I have a few go-to’s (Fresh soy face wash, Neutrogena naturals) but this is my new fave and it smells amazing. I have combo skin just for reference and I love how my face feels after this and I honestly feel like my face is so much more clear than it used to be!
5. Amazing Concealer: This is one time where the name describes the product PERFECTLY. It’s seriously AMAZING. Just ask Anna, Tara and Jen who have all used it and I believe two of them bought it! I have never found a concealer that works this well and blends so well. I will never buy anything else!
6. Makeup Forever HD foundation: This is the makeup I wore for my wedding and it is incredible. It’s especially great if you are getting pictures taken or making a video or something. I love how my face looks in our wedding pictures and it blends really great. It’s definitely VERY high coverage so it’s not my every day foundation (I have a Tarte one I love) but I love using this for special occasions or going out.
7. Naked 2 Palette: This is like a cult favorite but this was the first year I decided to actually try it and I AM IN LOVE. Pretty much I use it all the time and all my other eyeshadows rarely get used. If I travel light, I only bring this for eyeshadow because I know I can figure out something with it.
I love when I discover new favorite foods or find new snacks to obsess over. These are my new FAVES!
These pumpkin spice cookies.: And they are lowfat! We took them to several dinner parties during the Fall and they were devoured!
Trader Joe’s Roasted Gorgonzola Crackers: I have always loved cheese crackers but these blow Cheez-its out of the water!
Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Covered Powerberries: SO YUMMY! I can’t buy them much anymore because I eat them so quickly. I justify it by saying that they are healthy because there is fruit in them haha.
Quinoa — 2012 was definitely the year of quinoa for me. I had never eaten it before!
Trop50 Farmstand Apple (we always have gotten the orange juice but the apple is AMAZING)
Green Smoothie: They can look kind of gross but are quite tasty AND can be super healthy for you.
Greek yogurt — I thought I hated it but now I love it!
Tell me if you you listen to/watch/use/eat any of these!! Also, I’m so down for other recs if you think there is something I’d like!