Image From This Month
April In One Word
We’ve finally had some nice weather so I’ve spent as much time outside as humanly possible!
5 Things About My Life In April:
1. I pulled off my sister’s bridal shower!!! It was nice to see family + friends to celebrate her getting married in June! Glad it’s done though!!
2. Will & I went to our first festival of the year — a food truck festival — NOMS. Just as you would expect.
3. I went to visit my family for Easter: It makes my heart so happy to be at my dad’s house.
4. Will & I went to the batting cages because he joined a softball league and I miss softball. It was fun though I realized how OLD I really am because I was SO sore the next day.
5. I was sick like 50 bajjllion times because the kids I nanny for are sick always. MY POOR BODY.
6 Songs That Were Most Popular On My Ipod This Month:
I put all my Monthly Rewinds In a Spotify playlist so you can listen to them here now ! I also have an April playlist filled with other AWESOME songs that wouldn’t fit on here. I’m really smitten with a lot of the songs on this April one!
I didn’t want to overlap too much (but HAD to had Twin Forks on here bc seriously they are my #1 obsession now that their full album is out!!) but check out my New To The Queue post because those artists mentioned should ALL be on this list.
1. Easy (Switch Screens) by Son Lux ft. Lorde
2. Kiss Me Darling by Twin Forks (Okay, so I shared their single Back To You in my December rewind and now their full album is finally out and I am a woman obsessed! THE WHOLE THING IS EXCELLENT)
3. A Call To Arms by Lauren Jansen ft. Ed Harcourt
4. Riptide by Vance Joy
5. Always by Panama
6. Dare The Night by Quiet Arrows
Honorable Mentions: Hundreds of Ways by Conor Oberst (HS & college Jamie are very happy!!), Sabotage by Amy Stroup, Give Me To The Waves by General Ghost, Coffee by Sylvan Esso, Falling For The Beat by Andrew Ripp
Top 3 Books I Read This Month:
Another good month!! This was so hard because I really loved a lot of what I read and I almost just didn’t want to pick my top 3!
Most Popular Review This Month
Most Popular 5 Blog Posts Overall This Month
1. Ten Bookish Things I Need To Own– Mwahaha I made your wallets cry apparently. MINE TOO.
2. My “I’m Going To BEA & Will Answer Any & All Questions” post– Will still be answering questions up until BEA if you have any!
3. Diversity In YA post : I really appreciated your recs & your thoughts!
4. SELF DO NOT SUCCUMB TO IT!: Loved your responses to this. Glad I’m not the only one who has these freakouts sometimes!
5. Most Unique Books I’ve Read : I loved sharing some of the most unique books I’ve read.
3 New Obsessions In April
3 Things I’m Looking Forward To In May
3. EVEN WARMER WEATHER! Do I sound like a broken record yet??
Favorite Quote From A Book I Read In April
“Comfort zones are overrated. They make you lazy.” – Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta — I probably could have pick a quote that was more beautiful or swoony or more profound but I really loved this line right here because TRUTH.
5 Posts I Starred In My Reader That You Should Check Out
1. Creation, Consumption & Apathy: This was very, very relevant to me as a blogger who creates content and an avid internet-goer as I struggle with this — sometimes I’m inspired when I consume the work of others but sometimes I feel how she does. “The problem with over-consuming the work of other people (or even the lives of other people) is that it robs me of the energy and motivation to create. And when I’m not actively creating something — no matter what that something is — I feel less like me.”
2. Do Something poem: I needed this pep talk of sorts!
3. Book Blogging Organization Worksheet: I’ve shared Hannah’s organization posts before (namely her Goodreads plan which is AMAZING) but if you are a book blogger who struggles to get organized I definitely recommend taking a look at what Hannah created and so kindly shared with everyone!
4. The #1 Way I’m Able To Pack So Much Into A Day: If you follow the posts I pick each month during my Rewind you know I’m always sharing posts from my friend Jess! She always posts such great stuff and I loved her idea of energy management. I sometimes struggle with time management but this post made me wonder if it’s a different issue altogether. Must experiment!
5. Staying Interesting When Time Marches On: My friend Ginger, one of the bloggers I’ve been friends with since the beginning because we started at the same time, talked about something that has been plaguing me A LOT lately as I approach 4 years of this blog in June. It’s hard to keep up a blog long term and still feel relevant and in the know when there are a flux of new blogs and new trends always coming through. I keep wondering am I still interesting?? Are people sick of hearing my opinions after 4 years?? Am I not exciting because I’m not new and shiny?? I applaud Ginger’s honesty and it made me feel better in a way to know I’m not the only seasoned blogger struggling with this.
Pick a category (or 5… or all of them) and tell me what went on in YOUR life in April!! What sort of things were noteworthy for you in April? New obsessions? Any new song recs?? Best books you read this month? Great posts I missed on your blog?