We had a pretty mild November so I definitely took advantage of the nicer days!!
Follow me on Instagram to see more images from my month including some fun leaf jumping time with Genevieve and some pretty Fall foliage with books.
1. I bought Taylor Swift tickets : AHHHH I’m going to see Taylor with my darlings Katie and Morgan. So I saw Taylor back in the day at a very small venue (near where Taylor grew up) when her first album came out and it was so fun. I was 20 or 21. And so now I will be ushering out my 20’s by seeing Taylor again. It’s kind of symbolic in a way….looking at how different my life is/her career is from my early 20’s to now when I’m in my last year of my 20’s. I AM EXCITED.
2. I cut six inches of my hair off — Okay so IIIIII didn’t actually do the cutting. Holla at my girl Jenna from Mint Salon. But yeah…I cut my hair off. Whaddya think?
3.I celebrated Thanksgiving: We’ve spent Thanksgiving, since being married, at my dad’s house because Christmas wasn’t working out with Will’s work so this year we are doing Thanksgiving here and Christmas at my dad’s so it was interesting for me to spend Thanksgiving, for the first time in my life, elsewhere.
4. I BOUGHT A WINTER JACKET LIKE A GROWNUP - I’ve always bought more fashion-y and not super warm jackets. I decided to be a grownup and buy a proper warm jacket. IT IS SO WARM.
5. I saw Mockingjay!!: I was nervous how the movie would be because WELL THAT BOOK IS DIFFERENT THAN THE FIRST TWO. I personally loved the book and I was actually really happy with the movie. Not my favorite of the 3 but it was solid for me.
I put all my Monthly Rewinds in a Spotify playlist so you can listen to them here now !
1. Starts — Charles William
2. Hypnotic — Zella Day
3. Brother — Might Oaks
4. See Me Now — Ryan Keen
5. Little Grace — Hippo Campus
6. Promises — Ryn Weaver
I read 7 books this month!
I really loved this book — check out my review!
“It gave me hope: if you could make a beautiful piece of art from discarded newspapers and old matchbooks, then it meant that everything had potential. And maybe people were like collages — no matter how broken or useless we felt, we were an essential part of the whole. We mattered.” – I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
** this is taken from the ARC so it is subject to change.
1. The Sacrificial Book Lamb- I’m glad I’m not the only one who has this problem!
2. Books I Want To Read This Winter– So many good books to read!
5. What I’ve Been Watching : I decided I wanted to sporadically share what I’ve been watching!
I STILL didn’t do anything on Youtube this month. MUST FIND MY MOJO AGAIN.
1. How To Reach Your Goals Starting Today – This post is perfect in light of the New Year but ALWAYS. I am such a dreamer and a thinker and I do struggle sometimes with the actual action part of my goals.
2. Notes on Sonder: I like this term “sonder” and this post was really great!
3. I Am Not For Everyone & Neither Are You: I loved this post from Jess (I reflected on some similar things recently) and needed a reminder of that in recent days. “You create more joy in your life when you let go of worrying about what everyone else thinks.”
4. Get Shit Done Even When You Are Unmotivated: Oh man the lack of motivation I’ve had recently is UNREAAAAL. Needed this!
5. Creatively Zapped? Try This Madman Trick!: I have been feeling SOOOOO uncreative this month. It’s been a struggle lately. This post is awesome and makes so much sense. Creatively I pour too much of myself into this and only this and I’m not getting creative elsewhere anymore.
(I have been feeling like my Monthly Rewinds are so less interactive than I want them to be so I did some brainstorming and I thought it would be fun to ask you a question based on something that happened to me this month, something I was thinking about, etc.)
So my question is: With the holidays coming, tell me a holiday tradition you have or one that you WANT to start?
Pick a category (or 5… or all of them) and tell me what went on in YOUR life this month!! What sort of things were noteworthy for you this month? New obsessions? Any new song recs?? Best books you read this month? Great posts I missed on your blog? Answer to my question of the month?