1. I saw Taylor Swift on the 1989 Tour: Oh my gosh. I wrote all about it here but it was SO FUN and I hadn’t seen her since 2007 at a tiny little venue so it was so cool to see her where she is NOW. Had such a good time!
2. Lots of pool days!! — The one thing I love about our apartment is the pool. I’ve had some really nice and relaxing days at the pool reading! ULTIMATE RELAXATION.
3. I decided to start tinkering again with the story idea I started last year: I really have never wanted to write fiction before but I had this really personally inspired story idea and I finally wrote a paragraph last year, cried and was done with it. Meanwhile scenes have been popping up in my head and I can’t stop thinking about it. So I randomly found myself opening on a Friday night and wrote a couple more sentences.
4. We went to our second Block Party concert of the Summer– We saw A Silent Film, Misterwives, Big Data, New Politics + Foxtrot and the Get Down! Was super fun and I LOVED seeing Misterwives because they have become faves since I first heard them last year! Also we went to an AMAZING burger joint in Philly before the concert (PYT) and I got a cheese steak burger on A GLAZED DONUT BUN. It was incredible.
5. I discovered some new local foodie spots I love: I found a new Korean food stall at a local farmer’s market and it was SO GOOD and while I was there I saw the Brunettes Bookshop Bakery!! THE TWO THINGS I LOVE THE MOST — dessert and books!
I put all my Monthly Rewinds in a Spotify playlist so you can listen to them here !
1. Seventeen — Sjowgren
2. Back to the Ordinary — Kid Astray
3. Astronaut — Paris Carney
4. Cliff’s Edge — Hayley Kiyoko
5. Alligator Years — Twinsmith
6. Could Have Been Me – The Struts
I read 12 book this month!
1. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard — OMG I had no self control after I got it at BEA. Will be reread MULTIPLE times before it comes out in 2016 I’m sure. SO GOOD.
2. Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta: WHAT A GOOD SERIES ENDING. THIS BOOK WAS EVERYTHING.
3. PS I Still Love You by Jenny Han: What a delightful book and conclusion to Lara Jean’s story as we know it!
I’m not at all surprised it’s a NEW SARAH DESSEN. Read my thoughts on Saint Anything!
“‘Me. I determine my own worth. If I had to rely on others I’d have lain down and died waiting.” — Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta
Quintana once again proving why she is so BADASS. When I read this line I was like PREACH MY QUEEN.
1. My 5th year blogoversary post — I didn’t set out to write a post talking about those things to celebrate my 5th blog birthday but WHATEVS.
2. If We Were Having Coffee: These are my favorite posts to write if I’m honest and I love catching up with you guys!!
4. A Sentimental Value: Loved talking about some books that are special to me!
5. I’m Not Too Old For That: Another post inspired by a conversation I had with a non-YA reader that caused me to reflect!
Eh only one video this month:
1. The Status of All Things: It’s Complicated – I loved this post from Estelle and she totally sold me on this book. I loved how she reflected on social media and the things on her mind have been A LOT of what have been on my own lately.
2. 7 Places To Pause For More Peace In Your Life Courtney’s blog is a new-ish add to my blog reader and I’ve really been enjoying her posts! This one REALLY was one I’m glad I read. They were all so spot on in places I really should pause more often. Except for #4. If I pause when I wake up I’ll fall back asleep haha. I also have to say I loved Courtney’s post How A Devastating Diagnosis Taught Me To Really Live
3.When You Die You Won’t Care About Emails: If you read these recaps of mine every month you pretty much know Alexandra is always on here because her posts always resonate with me so much. I have been thinking about a lot of things in the “when I die I won’t care about this” so maybe I shouldn’t obsess over it.
4. How To Find Balance Between Self Improvement vs. Self Acceptance: I swear I’m like a self help/self improvement junkie. I NEEDS THE BALANCE.
5. Welcome to the Present Moment: Nice, short little reminder from Jess about living in the present. When I think about what I’m thinking about all day it’s either worry about something I can’t go back and undo or ALL THE FUTURE THINGS. I’m rarely in the moment.
In honor of my road trip in July, tell me:
One song that would DEFINITELY be on your roadtrip mix!
Pick a category (or 5… or all of them) and tell me what went on in YOUR life this month!! What sort of things were noteworthy for you this month? New obsessions? Any new song recs?? Best books you read this month? Great posts I missed on your blog? Answer to my question of the month?