YES I LOVE ALL THE FALL THINGS. Especially mini pumpkins.
Follow me on Instagram to see more images from my month including some fun leaf jumping time with Genevieve and some pretty Fall foliage with books.
1. I turned 29!! : It’s so crazy to me that this will be the last year of my 20’s. SO CRAZY. Like did I just graduate high school or at least COLLEGE? Noooope apparently NOT. In honor of turning 29, I created a 30 things before I turn 30 list to do in the next year and it’s going to be FUUUUUN.
2. Related to my birthday, I created a 30 things before I turn 30 list to have a little fun and stop stressing about the fact this is the last year of my 20’s — As Will put it, “well, it’s so you? Random. A little weird. Kind of hilarious.”
3. I spent a lot of time outside: The weather has been pretty nice which makes me happy because October is always a mixed bag weatherwise. Been taking advantage of the nice weather to take walks and do outside things.
4. Did LOTS of FALL THINGS - went pumpkin picking, apple picking, played in the leaves, carved pumpkins, made chocolate chip pumpkin spice cookies, have made some chilis and other hearty crockpot meals.
5. I went clothing shopping for the first time in a while: I came to the realization, upon organizing my closet, that all I own are dresses and tank tops. My go-to for winter clothes has just been to put a cardigan over a tank top and BOOM WINTERIZED. So I got some birthday money/gift cards and decided to get myself some warmer clothes. I HATE the cold weather and this year I’ve been trying to embrace it and find ways to hate it less. So I got myself some warm sweaters and such and my life already feels better.
I put all my Monthly Rewinds in a Spotify playlist so you can listen to them here now ! I also have my October playlist where you can find other stuff I was listening to this month.
1. High Fever – The Bronze Medal
2. Light It Up — Eliza & The Bear
3. 10,000 Emerald Pools — BORNS
4. James Dean — Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
5. Boardwalks — Little May
6. This Is How We Walk On The Moon – Jose Gonzalez
(I fell in love with him years ago in college and I’m digging this new song)
I read 7 books this month!
“Other people will try to decide things for you, she says. They’ll try to tell you who you are. Remember, no matter what they say, you’re the only who really decides.” – Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley
1. I’ve Made A Terrible Mistake- I loved talking about book lending habits and OMG some of your horror stories!!
2. If We Were Having Coffee– It makes me happy that I’m able to sit down and talk with you guys about what’s on my mind and in my heart. I am humbled by your responses and all the emails I got privately in response.
4. In Theory I Like Re-Reading: I loved hearing about your love for re-reading and also your struggles like mine! Also, check out this re-reading challenge two other bloggers are hosting since so many of you wanted to challenge yourself to reread also!
5. A Personal Response to A Shocking Thing That Happened : It was a wakeup call to say the least. I’m so happy I’m a part of this community despite all that happened.
I didn’t do anything on Youtube this month. MUST FIND MY MOJO AGAIN.
1. On A Personal Note: Unboxing Friendships – This post about friendship from Magan at Rather Be Reading really resonated with me!
2. Have You Changed Your Narrative Lately?: “It’s easy to cling to a story, even if it doesn’t serve us anymore. It’s harder to shed the layers of past selves and emerge into a new narrative. The transition can be awkward, abrupt, or bumpy.” This post REALLY resonated with me right now.
3. Books, Blogging & Back In The Day: I love reading about how other’s reading habits have changed since becoming a blogger. I had a whole series on this if you are interested in mine. I think it’s really a good thing to be mindful of the good and not so good habits that have changed and developed over the years.
4. Are You A Taker?: This was incredibly thought-provoking and something to reflect on.
5. Thinking About Friendship: Really good post from Rachel from Hello Chelly!
(I have been feeling like my Monthly Rewinds are so less interactive than I want them to be so I did some brainstorming and I thought it would be fun to ask you a question based on something that happened to me this month, something I was thinking about, etc.)
So I read this quote recently and it got me thinking a lot about areas in my life that I want to push my boundaries a little more — especially in relation to some of my 30 before 30 list items and just getting ready to leave my 20’s in general: “Your current safe boundaries were once unknown frontiers.”
So my question is: What’s an area in your life where you want to push yourself more or where is there an unknown frontier in your life that you’ve been scared to pursue?
Pick a category (or 5… or all of them) and tell me what went on in YOUR life this month!! What sort of things were noteworthy for you this month? New obsessions? Any new song recs?? Best books you read this month? Great posts I missed on your blog? Answer to my question of the month?