Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at my other blog – The Broke and the Bookish – and is brought to you by the letter P…because procrastination is my middle name.
1. Harry Potter: Ok, readers of this blog. You’ve seen me mention multiple times on these sorts of lists that I’ve never read Harry Potter. SOMEBODY lock me in a room with a good reading light and only these books and a bag of Starbursts and Milk Duds so I can just GET TO IT ALREADY. Literally everyone I know…people who don’t even read as much as I do..has read them!
2. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater – I seriously feel like I’m the only one who hasn’t read these in the YA community. I was late to the game and just never caught up. I own them all and have even met Maggie…who is AWESOME.
3. Room by Emma Donoghue- Being an eclectic reader, I’m disappointed in myself for not having read this one yet as it seems like everyone from adult lit readers and YA readers has read this one.
4. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead- Again, late to the game and feel like everyone has read this series! I even went to an event that she had at my local indie but I still haven’t gone out and gotten the first book in the series.
5. Jane Eyre — This is one of two classics (aside from the usual high school required reading titles) that I feel like EVERYONE has read…the other one being Pride & Prejudice which I finally read two summers ago. I remember girls in a college lit class talking about how they read this and P&P a million times and pretty much you couldn’t love literature if you haven’t read it. PSH. I love literature. But I just have too many books. I plan to read this during the Fall for sure!
6. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern — I know this book just came out but EVERYBODY has read it…even a lot of readers who read mostly YA. I want to read it!!
7. The Help by Kathryn Stockett – I swear every time I talk to someone and they find out that I like books they ask me if I’ve read this. I own it but just haven’t gotten to it yet. This whole summer I had Will’s aunt asking me if I’ve read this yet. Nope NOT YET…I will. I sound like a broken record.
8. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini — Friends of mine who don’t ever read have all read this book. Again..I own it but I just didn’t read it. I actually started it but wasn’t in the mood for it.
9. Divergent by Veronica Roth — Anytime I am with book bloggers everyone mentions this book and apparently I am the only one who hasn’t read it yet. I WANT TO. I do. I love dystopian novels sooo I need to get to this soon so people can stop being like, “OMG YOU HAVEN”T READ THIS!?!?”
10. Anything by Jodi Picoult — Everyone in my “real life” has read Jodi Picoult. Literally. Everyone has told me how much I would “like these books” but I just don’t think they know me. But still..I have about 6 of them on my shelf from other people “passing them on to me”…I need to either bite the bullet and read one to see if I like her or just pass them on…