Putting up my Top Ten Tuesday (hosted at my other blog–The Broke and the Bookish) late because I’m a slacker of all sorts!!
I was quite the voracious reader as a child but I do feel like I missed out on some amazing books!
1. The Narnia series — I started reading this a few years ago and I would have LOVED this as child. I even owned them but just never got to them for whatever reason.
2. The Wind in the Willows — I owned this one but just never got to it ever. I think it is around my house on a bookshelf somewhere.
3. Alice in Wonderland — I loved the movie so much. To the point of mild obsession, I think. I wish I would have read this one back then, although, I feel it might have gone over my head as a child.
4. Harry Potter — I really wish I would have read these when they first came out. I wasn’t a little kid but early tween or something. And now, here I am, as a 25 year old beginning the series. I feel like I missed out on the excitement of it all and going to release parties and whatnot.
5. Pride and Prejudice — I loved this book but wish that I didn’t read it for the first time in 2010. I wish I would have read it as a young teen and could have swooned over Darcy instead of icky middle school boys.
6. Island of the Blue Dolphins — This is ALWAYS popping up on favorite children’s classics lists. I do plan to read this one at some point.
7. A Light in the Attic — Where the Sidewalk Ends was one of my all time favorites!! I don’t know why I never read this one. I just don’t think I’ll appreciate it like I did as a kid.
I only had 7 because I really read most of the books that I wanted as a child lol.
Gosh this post is making me nostalgic for all my old favorites — Beverly Cleary, Roald Dahl, Judy Blume, etc. etc. Ahh. <3 What are some books you wish you’d read as a kid?