As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at my other blog — The Broke and the Bookish.
1. I am a HORRIBLE library patron. Like the worst. I always have overdue books and enormous fines that I am not likely to pay anytime soon because I can’t afford them. I actually made Will go and get a library card so I can use his and start anew. I have actually been better since using his card but before that…BAD.
2. I totally dogear the pages of MY OWN books. I refrain from doing it to others books or books from the libraries but I’m a very spastic reader and if I’m reading something that makes me swoon or that just makes my soul dance or that is so profound I need to take a step back…I’m not likely to settle myself enough to write it down write away so I dogear so I can find it again when I need to read it or decide to write it in my quote notebook.
3. I’ve never read Harry Potter. There. Boom. I said it. Most of you who have read this blog long enough know this about me but new readers, please don’t judge me on this. It’s just something that kind of happened.
4. In college I liked this one guy a lot and I lied about reading SO many different books. How I managed to convince him I was that well read I don’t know. Maybe HE was trying to impress me, too?
5. When I pick out a book in a bookstore, I don’t inspect the cover or the pages or anything. I realized, after visiting bookstores with other bloggers, that I am clearly the odd man out here. My book blogger friends inspect their books before they buy them to ensure that there are no creases or wrinkles or I don’t even know what. I had never thought about doing that before. I like a little character to my books I guess?
6. I like used books better than I like sparkling new books. I just do.
7. I’m a hypocrite because I’m all about “YAY READING! READ WHAT YOU LIKE. BOOK SHAMERS GO AWAY” but I honestly shudder any time I see a Facebook friend or half the women at the resort I stayed at for the honeymoon last week reading 50 Shades of Grey and enjoying it. It makes me want to vom like you wouldn’t believe. Poor Will ended up opening Pandora’s box just by inquiring about why everyone was reading it and why I’m so outraged and the poor guy has to listen to me get fired up about how it’s crap and I don’t understand why it’s so popular and that it’s Twilight fanfic. and gahhhhhh. And then he follows with, “But like you always say…at least people are reading.” To which I mumble something inaudible, because I know he’s right, and then start swimming underwater so I don’t have to tell him that. I am seriously like the least book shamey person in the world but if I’m honest I just can’t handle 50 Shades of Grey.
8. I don’t really care if the books in a series don’t match each other on the shelf. Here’s a little story for you. One day I finished book 2 of the Jessica Darling series and much to my surprise I went to my shelf and found I have EVERRYYY book in the series except the third one! I know, right?? HORRIBLE! So I tweet a picture of this issue and say something like, “Looks like we have a problem.” and the MAJORITY of people who responded pointed out the fact that the 5th book in the series did NOT match the rest of the series. Not that I was missing the 3rd book! LOL! To tell you the truth, I never EVER even noticed that up until that moment. SO…for the record. I don’t care about my books not matching.
9. I totally read the Twilight series, enjoyed it and saw every single movie in theater…at midnight with my sister. So many outside of this community used to act surprised that I read and like them. I am not a Twi-hard nor do I think it was phenomenal writing or that the whole Bella/Edward relationship was healthy. I have tons of PROBLEMS with the series…but I cannot deny the fact that during my senior year in college, during FINALS WEEK, I was devouring these books rather than studying. I cannot deny it. Plus my sister and I had soooo much fun doing the movies.
10. I have not even read a fraction of the books I own. It’s really actually embarrassing. Although I do give away a lot of the books I read to my niece or other bloggers if I’m not going to ever reread them so it’s hard to tell the exact ratio. But I know it’s still absurd.
Oh man..I could keep going. I have so many confessions. But that’s all you are getting for now, friends. Can’t lay out all my dirty laundry in one sitting. Tell me some of your bookish confessions! Dish!